Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:49 pm 
Elephant

My days are running into each other, but training is on target. As always it is first, since it gives me peace of mind.

Tues:
20 min cardio
3 sets abs upper & lower

3 sets back ext
3 sets abs upper and lower
Pullovers -wm
underhand close grip pulldowns -wu, set, rp static
bent over BB Rows wu - 4 sets
Rear Delts wu, set, rp
ex stretch
DB seated curls -wu, set, RP
Hammer Curls -wm
stretching

Wed
30 min cardio
3 sets abs upper & lower

3 sets back ext
3 sets abs upper and lower
smith shoulder press -wu, set, rp static, wm
side delt raises -wm
close grip tri press ups -wu, set, rp static
extreme stretch and reg stretch

For those who don't already know, will be competing at the Arnold on the MD stage. So my cut has begun. Being a model by trade does have some advantage .... it's an easy cut for me...... don't have a long way to go. So basically upping cardio, my body is great at "remembering".

Quite a diverse group of gals competing from BBers to Pro Gals. I def have a "softer look" about me given the orgs I compete in, but of course they knew that when I got the invite ;) Looking forward to taking the stage .... I LOVE the stage and have missed it :) The group of gals that will be attending seem so sweet, I'm looking forward to making new friendships :)

Now .... since we know this IS MY LIFE, nothing ever comes easy, lol Had to drive all night to drop off DH to airport, so was on the road 3 hours one way through the snow, on the way back the icy roads got worse and I hit some black ice and spun out in my New Jeep (which I bought YESTERDAY), hitting the guard rail. A little bloody and will lose a full nail, but other than that am OK. Slept a bit this AM, am a little sore. But you know me, will stay on schedule ..... luckily I had it scheduled for abs and cardio only today :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:14 pm 
Elephant

:shock: yikes!!!
I'm glad you're okay!

question for you...

how important do you think cardio is during your cutting phase?

take care and take it easy with the winter driving!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:32 pm 
Elephant

JW wrote:
:shock: yikes!!!
I'm glad you're okay!

question for you...

how important do you think cardio is during your cutting phase?

take care and take it easy with the winter driving!!!

The most important. I do 40 min to an hour a day, but at a brisk walk. I do not risk burning off all my hard work, lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:40 pm 
Elephant

so no running then?
how about rest days?

(sorry for all the questions, I'm just getting back into weights again and I reaaaaallly want to do it right )

thanks

james

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:54 pm 
Elephant

JW wrote:
so no running then?
how about rest days?

(sorry for all the questions, I'm just getting back into weights again and I reaaaaallly want to do it right )

thanks

james

Comp is much diff. :wink: No running or will risk losing muscle gains. No rest days this close to comp.

This is of course what works for me. Every competitor is a diff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:06 am 
Elephant

That sucks about the jeep! Especially since you just got it!
How bad is the damage?

Good to hear that your not badly hurt. Are you able to train now?

The girls you'll meet are most likely going to be very nice and so cool. My buddy David competed in a national musclemania show about a year ago and I was training with him during his contest prep. He was nervous about meeting the other competitors but when he met them they were all great, really friendly, and supportive. I know you've competed before so you'll be fine! :)

:usa2: :usa2: :usa2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:19 am 
Elephant

Thanks so much, I'm good! Still training :)

I can ignore pain, so it's a nuscience, but could have been worse.

The other gals may have done layouts, covers etc. (I think you said you are coming right?) But, nothing gets to me! I won't be nervous in the least. Trust me ... life has already been decided we are all just along for the ride! :lol: I LOVE the stage, plan to give them what they have seen ... since that is why I was chosen. And look forward to new friends, via the other gals. :)

I was a model turned figure comp, they are figure comps turned model.... this is a model comp. Therefore, I'm pretty sure they (the judges) have already decided .... this is all show, thus the diversity ;) So it's all about putting on a "good show" to present myself in front of the BBing Community, mags, etc. That doesn't mean they aren't considering each of us for future layouts if we don't win the title this round,

Trust me I'll have a blast!!! May have lost my room, but will address that later! rofl

I'll just "go with the flow"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:09 pm 
Elephant

I'm so sorry to hear about the accident, that really sucks. Especially when it gets bloody. Every time I hop on my bicycle, I still ride somewhat extra defensive and am paranoid because of the taxi cab that slammed me last year. Not to mention getting doored about 4 times but that's expected in NYC; it's kind of like an initiation to the world of cycling in the Manhattan....

well anyway, feel better. I'll keep you in my prayers. Stay strong!

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:24 pm 
Elephant

Lean and Green wrote:
I'm so sorry to hear about the accident, that really sucks. Especially when it gets bloody. Every time I hop on my bicycle, I still ride somewhat extra defensive and am paranoid because of the taxi cab that slammed me last year. Not to mention getting doored about 4 times but that's expected in NYC; it's kind of like an initiation to the world of cycling in the Manhattan....

well anyway, feel better. I'll keep you in my prayers. Stay strong!

Thanks :) And wow! Cycling in NYC ... :shock: You are brave!

My room just fell through for the Arnold, so not quite sure how that's going to pan out, lol Kinda got the head's up last min on the MD Comp. So hopefully someone has room somewhere Or I'll just sleep outside the door of the Arnold rofl :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:03 pm 
Site Admin

I'm sure you can stay with us. We have a hotel reserved already, which even comes with passes to World Gym :)

It will be a room full of bodybuilders, but if you can handle it, let us know. We're here to help and support.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:06 pm 
Elephant

robert wrote:
I'm sure you can stay with us. We have a hotel reserved already, which even comes with passes to World Gym :)

It will be a room full of bodybuilders, but if you can handle it, let us know. We're here to help and support.

I love you!!!!! :wohoo: One less thing! Let me know the cost.

I'll be bringing my own bedding anyway, due to the tan (you know all about it, comes off on everything!) So if I can camp out on the floor that would be awesome.

And for the other guys who haven't met before. I'll be in comp mode, so unfortunately will be lucky to know my own name. Basically what I'm saying is I'm going to be ditzy as all heck and not working "on all cylinders".

Gonna Call Dave (Palumbo) tonight to get the heads up on a few things as well as some after party I am supposed to make an appearance at??? Not quite sure, so gotta get the details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:26 pm 
Site Admin

You know I take the floor when we share a hotel room. I haven't run it by Ravi or Josh, but I know the integrity of both guys and both are very team oriented and supportive.

I've met Dave once or twice. He's a cool guy and pretty intelligent too. I have a photo or two of us, he's a vein machine!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:46 pm 
Elephant

robert wrote:
You know I take the floor when we share a hotel room. I haven't run it by Ravi or Josh, but I know the integrity of both guys and both are very team oriented and supportive.

I've met Dave once or twice. He's a cool guy and pretty intelligent too. I have a photo or two of us, he's a vein machine!

Oh Boy :shock: I hope they are OK with it ...... I'm really quiet and don't take up much room :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:04 pm 
Site Admin

I'll "make" them be OK with it :) Just kidding, but I'm sure they will be, as we're all there to have fun, support each other, and we'll only be at the hotel for sleeping. All other times we'll be at the expo, eating and training the entire day. They will be long days, and once we get back, we'll grab our beds or floor space and pass out. They are exhausting shows but the Arnold is the BEST show I've ever been to.

We can do some fun photo shoots when you're all done competing. I'll look like a ghost since I haven't seen much sun!

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:07 pm 
Site Admin

Got the OK from Ravi :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next