Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:47 am 
Offline
Mastodon

Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:31 am
Posts: 4814
Location: eh?
130 pound pushdown with a broken pinkey...my god..

Was that elbows to your side type of thing? Or jay cutler style?

_________________
Lifts:
250 Bench
445 Deadlift
335 Squat


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:55 am 
Offline
Elephant

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 11:05 pm
Posts: 2651
Elbows closed in. I was using a three finger grip on the right hand.... It's more than I weigh so hard to get into place. that's where the blondness kicked in. Could have done more weight ..... right tool for the job. Next round short bar, until total healing. FYI - high pain tolerance .... as per the toe I broke last year .... I set it myself :mrgreen:

Prefer not to splint it .... but do baby it a little bit.... not much though .... more aggravated at the inconvenience more than anything else. Break is in the last joint.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:21 pm 
Offline
Elephant

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 11:05 pm
Posts: 2651
robert wrote:
You're kind of my new hero :)

You rock babe!!!!!!!


Thank you Darlin' :D


Yesterday:
Hit the gym at an odd time, trying to avoid the Before work / Lunch Break / And After Work NY Res crowd who hog the machines, take forever and haven't a clue. That being said .... they will disappear soon enough and they pay to keep the gym open with their yearly mem fees they don't use.

Got there at about 3 (was hoping for 2), about a dozen cardio queens in the cardio room and only 5 lifters on the floor. By the time I was done, one of the 20 something queens comes out glances around the weight room several times and heads directly for the thigh machine ..... I could have called it.

PTer was on the floor , always a source of entertainment to me.

I'm gonna set them in a frenzy when I finish up this PT Cert. I already warned the owners, that I'm a majorly tough trainer (was known for it when I taught hunter/jumper students .... but I freaking got results!), and will NOT coddle the clientele. So they better pre-warn them before they come to me. Funny they still want me, perhaps they need someone like that on the floor.

Anyway Training:
Upright Barbell Rows from floor - wu 12@40, 8@85x2, RP 6-6-6@90(PB), wm 30@40 (no pause)
Notes: I like these from the floor so much better! The rack at the gym is freaking to tall and not adjustable for someone as short as me. I had such a better range of motion from the floor and regardless of my grip problem (broken pinkie), I was still able to really rock this one.

Underhand Pull Downs - wu 12@30, 8@65x2, RP 6-6-6 @70, wm 30@35 (no pause)
Notes: I wanted 75 so badly in my RP, but couldn't get a good grip enough to pull it off (forgot my darn straps!!!!) However, managed to get 2 more reps in than last week and up my 8 from 60 to 65. So all in all, it was something.

Barbell Curls -wu 12@20, 8@30x2, RP 6-6-6@40, wm 30@20 (no pause)
Notes: weak BP for me .... did manage to get a few more reps out on the RP and no pause on the wm this week. So again something .... though not as much as I had hoped
extreme stretch
normal stretching

Tanning than later that eve, 30min steady cardio on incline tread
3 set lower back ext 30 each
Abs:
upper 100-30-30
lower 30-30-30
stretching

Cardio planned for today (45 min) as well as abs. Need to work on getting more of this left over merch on ebay today.... I want my weight room back!!!!

Another submission due today, block of time for accounting (year and wrap up and taxes to finish the old biz). And must wade through these offers which came in over the holidays. Also "decluttering" again ... all this "stuff" is making my head spin and I need to prepare the living room for the new "make-over" as per previous post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:56 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:18 pm
Posts: 1070
Location: Orange County
SeaSiren wrote:
[quote="robert"By the time I was done, one of the 20 something queens comes out glances around the weight room several times and heads directly for the thigh machine ..... I could have called it.


OMG, what is with women and that damn thigh machine?????

My favorite is watching them sit there for 20 minutes doing hip abductors while chatting on the cell phone. Please just shoot me.

:roll: :wink:

So which show are you doing first Denise? What's the date?

_________________
http://www.veganpersonaltraining.com;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:06 pm 
Offline
Mastodon

Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:31 am
Posts: 4814
Location: eh?
veggieprincess wrote:

My favorite is watching them sit there for 20 minutes doing hip abductors while chatting on the cell phone.


That's what I do.

_________________
Lifts:
250 Bench
445 Deadlift
335 Squat


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:09 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:18 pm
Posts: 1070
Location: Orange County
Zack wrote:
veggieprincess wrote:

My favorite is watching them sit there for 20 minutes doing hip abductors while chatting on the cell phone.


That's what I do.


What, watch the women on the thigh machine or talk on your cell phone while sitting on the thigh machine? :wink: :wink:

_________________
http://www.veganpersonaltraining.com;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:09 pm 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:11 pm
Posts: 182
Location: cheshire, connecticut
Zack wrote:
veggieprincess wrote:

My favorite is watching them sit there for 20 minutes doing hip abductors while chatting on the cell phone.


That's what I do.


Me TOO 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:10 pm 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:11 pm
Posts: 182
Location: cheshire, connecticut
veggieprincess wrote:
Zack wrote:
veggieprincess wrote:

My favorite is watching them sit there for 20 minutes doing hip abductors while chatting on the cell phone.


That's what I do.


What, watch the women on the thigh machine or talk on your cell phone while sitting on the thigh machine? :wink: :wink:


BOTH :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:11 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:05 pm
Posts: 21052
Location: Austin, TX
SeaSiren wrote:
robert wrote:
You're kind of my new hero :)

You rock babe!!!!!!!


Thank you Darlin' :D


Yesterday:
Hit the gym at an odd time, trying to avoid the Before work / Lunch Break / And After Work NY Res crowd who hog the machines, take forever and haven't a clue. That being said .... they will disappear soon enough and they pay to keep the gym open with their yearly mem fees they don't use.

Got there at about 3 (was hoping for 2), about a dozen cardio queens in the cardio room and only 5 lifters on the floor. By the time I was done, one of the 20 something queens comes out glances around the weight room several times and heads directly for the thigh machine ..... I could have called it.

PTer was on the floor , always a source of entertainment to me.

I'm gonna set them in a frenzy when I finish up this PT Cert. I already warned the owners, that I'm a majorly tough trainer (was known for it when I taught hunter/jumper students .... but I freaking got results!), and will NOT coddle the clientele. So they better pre-warn them before they come to me. Funny they still want me, perhaps they need someone like that on the floor.

Anyway Training:
Upright Barbell Rows from floor - wu 12@40, 8@85x2, RP 6-6-6@90(PB), wm 30@40 (no pause)
Notes: I like these from the floor so much better! The rack at the gym is freaking to tall and not adjustable for someone as short as me. I had such a better range of motion from the floor and regardless of my grip problem (broken pinkie), I was still able to really rock this one.

Underhand Pull Downs - wu 12@30, 8@65x2, RP 6-6-6 @70, wm 30@35 (no pause)
Notes: I wanted 75 so badly in my RP, but couldn't get a good grip enough to pull it off (forgot my darn straps!!!!) However, managed to get 2 more reps in than last week and up my 8 from 60 to 65. So all in all, it was something.

Barbell Curls -wu 12@20, 8@30x2, RP 6-6-6@40, wm 30@20 (no pause)
Notes: weak BP for me .... did manage to get a few more reps out on the RP and no pause on the wm this week. So again something .... though not as much as I had hoped
extreme stretch
normal stretching

Tanning than later that eve, 30min steady cardio on incline tread
3 set lower back ext 30 each
Abs:
upper 100-30-30
lower 30-30-30
stretching

Cardio planned for today (45 min) as well as abs. Need to work on getting more of this left over merch on ebay today.... I want my weight room back!!!!

Another submission due today, block of time for accounting (year and wrap up and taxes to finish the old biz). And must wade through these offers which came in over the holidays. Also "decluttering" again ... all this "stuff" is making my head spin and I need to prepare the living room for the new "make-over" as per previous post.


:prayer:

See you soon!

_________________

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:23 pm 
Offline
Elephant

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 11:05 pm
Posts: 2651
You all crack me up!! :lol: FYI - that's why they turned our toward the wall and there are no mirrors there.

VP - first comp looks like April 5th in Philly. Just got the e-mail. They want to know if I am attending or they are offering my spot to someone else. Apparently there is a big Banquet and some Hall of Fame type stuff after. I thought it pretty cool to get the official invite.

Since one of the big guys invited me, I'm thinking it's prob a good move on my part to attend the entire event from the dinner the eve before to the banquet, to the Hall of Fame ceremony. :idea:

So Philly it is on the 5th!

Did have wo today, but totally spent (was on the floor ... literally after widow maker squats :lol: ).... gonna go grab dinner out. Update tomorrow :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:17 pm 
Offline
Elephant

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 11:05 pm
Posts: 2651
Yesterday:
AM
30 min steady cardio on incline tread
3 sets crunches upper - 100-30-30
3 set lower - 30-30-30

PM
Lower Back Ext 30-30-30
Seated Leg Curls: wu 12@60, 8@120x2, RP 6-6-6@135 wm 30@75
extreme stretch
Seated Calf Raises: wu 12@25, 8@50, 8@60, RP 6-6-6@75 wm 30@37.5
extreme stretch
Squats: wu 12@90, 8@120, 8@125, wm 30@90
stretching

Notes:
Felt like I could push more on the first 2 exercises, but I was already pushing more then the week prior, so didn't ..... hind sight (again) should have done it! So today I'm a little upset at myself since I could have gotten more out of the session.

Squats: Darn near killed me! lol Ended up (literally) on the ground after the wm set ..... but that's OK, seemed like a nice place to stretch :mrgreen:

Pinkie did not factor into this session at all obviously. However, I do have mobility now, so thinking I'll make out pretty good this week. Also means, no way it could have been a complete break (good thing).

Next comp is now in stone: April 5th in Philly, 3 Figure Divisions, 1 Fitness Model Division .... looking forward to getting back on the stage! I have really missed it so much.

That being said .... that makes last eve my last night "out" to party. Need to buckle down .... have a shoot coming up soon and need to get ready for the comp. It'll be here before I know it! :)

A little History Past Comp Photos:
1st comp (where I got the nick name "Malibu Barbie"):
Image
Image

2nd Comp:
Image
Image
Image

3rd Comp:
Fitness Model Division (bikini round)
Image
Figure
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:34 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:05 pm
Posts: 21052
Location: Austin, TX
I look forward to training with you at the Arnold Classic next month! Should be awesome!

_________________

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:03 pm 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 90
Location: Texas
Very nice :)

_________________
Gymmie in Texas :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:25 pm 
Offline
Elephant

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 11:05 pm
Posts: 2651
robert wrote:
I look forward to training with you at the Arnold Classic next month! Should be awesome!

Yes it will! Still trying to work out the details of where I am supposed to be!

gymmie wrote:
Very nice :)

thank-you :)


Slight Diet change due to shoot coming up. Protein stays up, but have dropped my cals just a little bit. Daily 20 steady cardio on incline is being added in to my daily routine now. The key is to take the BF off slowly and not compromise any work I have done re: muscle gains over the last several months.

So today was 20 min cardio on incline tread.
upper abs 100-30-30
lower abs 30-30-30
stretching

I turned in my update for VeganBodybuilding.org and received an e-mail from Pete today. I am now in the main section, you can see my update there:
http://www.veganbodybuilding.org
It's been a long journey .... and "you ain't seen nothing yet!" :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:24 pm 
Offline
Elephant

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 11:05 pm
Posts: 2651
It was such a beautiful day, we hit almost 70!!!!! No jacket or coat today 8)

Training:
Again avoiding the Res crowd, so was there by 3 ..... still can't seem to make it by 2. :roll:

Light session today:
Tricep Rope Pull Downs: wu 12@50, 8@80x2, RP 6-6-6@95(PB) wm 30@45
extreme stretch

Weighted Decline abs: 30 holding 25lb plate x 3

Lower Back Extensions: 30 holding 25lb plate x 3
stretching

20 min steady cardio (brisk walk) on incline tread
stretching

Training Notes:
Rope Pull Downs came pretty easy today, pinkie not a factor again today, due to the exercises I had on the schedule. And it seems to be healing quite nicely.

Closed another 2 modeling deals today ..... nothing really big, but I'll let you know as soon as they are up. :)

Still eating clean, has been a little bit of an adjustment, but I know from past history it generally gets easier by day 4.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS } Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group