Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:07 am 
Rabbit

Can anyone tell me what is a Widow Maker?

Nice pictures!!! Shows the dedication and hard work you put in.

Patrick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:09 am 
Elephant

OK, been busting my but since my last comp and now beginning to concentrate of the new season.

My goal was to bring my thighs, calves, glutes and shoulders up at least 1/4" as much as 1/2".

New stats:
Chest - 36" (91.4 cm) (no change)
Arms - 12" (30.5 cm) (up 1")
Hips - 34" (86.4 cm) (up 1")
Thighs - 20.5" (52.1 cm) (up .5")
Calves - 13" (33.0 cm) (up .5")
Forearms - 9.75" (24.8 cm) (up .25")

That being said, I am carrying more BF than I do at comp. My last comp I was at 104, but had taken my last measurements when I weighted in at 112, I'm at 116 now and beginning a cut (Height is 5'5" / 1.7 m). So we'll see what I have left after. However, I have a tendency to carry any extra BF in my abs .... not in the areas above. So hoping for good results.

I knew I was making progress when my jeans fit in the waist, but getting them over my thighs is a struggle, and my Long Sleeve Shirts from last winter don't fit over my shoulders/upper back, but chest is fine and waist too baggy. Finding clothing is going to be a chore. I am finding myself in athletic wear most days this winter. Can't wait until summer when I can go back to shorts/skirts and spaghetti straps shirts or tanks!

It's funny when I started, many of the above numbers were that same, but I was coming in at 130lbs and was "soft". Everything shrunk when the BF came off, then started to get hard. And now, they are coming up and hard as hell! I get a lot of "damn girl" when someone grabs my arm or leg now .... even at rest. I've come a long way! Of course, I'm not "done" yet, lol But my point being, it was just putting in the time and being totally dedicated and consistent that got me this far. :)

Today's training schedule is 20 min steady cardio (brisk walk) on incline tread, Abs. And then off for nail appoint.

Still getting adjusted to new eating plan, but starting to finally get a little more settled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:27 am 
Elephant

Patrick wrote:
Can anyone tell me what is a Widow Maker?

Nice pictures!!! Shows the dedication and hard work you put in.

Patrick

Thank you Patrick :)

Here is a good definition from the Intense Muscle board:
A set typically used in Doggrapp Training routines that consist of one forcing themselves to do 20+ repititions (until failure) of a weight they can only do approximately 12 reps with in a normal set. According to most DC'ers, one must doubt the likelihood of success at about 8-10 reps into the set, or do well over 20 reps, and feel truly exhausted, ("breathing like a locomotive"), to be a true widowmaker. Widowmaker sets are normally done only with a main pressing-type quadriceps movement; however, the technique can be adapted to suit other bodyparts when needed. This set is done after doing your normal 2-3 heavy sets.

Vid of a 20 rep one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMBxJmlrVXg

Normally I am "done" just prior to the wm set as I have done warm up and then 2-3 sets of 8 as heavy as I can go .... (on other body parts .... not squats! ... I take it up a notch even more and do a Rest Pause Set), then cut the stack in half and commence to "finish" that already stressed body part off. Half way through a wm set, you are ready to scream, as you near the end, you are really pushing yourself to the limit.

I would not suggest them for anyone who is new to lifting. And those that are, have your safety's in place!!!!!! I have completely and utterly failed on wm sets and you need to be prepared or you could get hurt.

Post subject: WIDOWMAKER
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:50 am 
Rabbit

Widowmaker,s are for bringing your weak body part,s up on a D/c program,then only of a max of two bodyparts per cycle[Blast,s]
Doing widowmaker,s for every body part will only result in you burning out and getting stick thin,unless you are genecticly gifted and on a stack of drugs
D/C training is for experienced trainers that have had at least 7 years of hardcore training,aswell as having read and read all can on D/C,also it is better to get a D/C approved trainer to show you as there are so so much more to D/C training

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:34 pm 
Elephant

I went into today's training feeling pretty strong and had a good session over all :)

Lower Back Ext 30-30-30

Reverse Grip Lat Pulldown: wu 12 @ 30, 8 @ 60, 8 @ 70 , RP 6-6-6 @ 75 (PB) , wm 35 @ 30
extreme stretch

Upright Cable Rows: wu 12 @ 30 , 8 @ 70 , 8 @ 90 , RP 6-6-6 @100 (PB) , wm 30 @ 5
extreme stretch

Preacher Curls: wu 12 @ 10 , 8 @ 20 , 8 @ 25 (PB) , wm 30 @ 10
extreme stretch

stretching

Training Notes:
Felt nice and strong this session, and was pleasantly surprised to easily up the weight since last round.

Managed to make it to the gym at 2:30, small crowd. Only female in the weight room again (surprise, surprise).

Tanning (always feel better after a shot of UV)

Daughter w/camera ... random, on my way to do cardio .... see how thrilled I am *insert sarcasm here* lol

Abs upper 100-30-30
Lower 30-30-30
steady 20 min on tread (brisk walk)
stretching

Still eating clean, the lower cals don't seem to be affecting my lifting, have not weighed in yet, but will prob Fri to make sure things are coming along .... nice and slow .... but coming along.

Post subject: Re: WIDOWMAKER
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:18 am 
Rabbit

ROBBIE wrote:
Widowmaker,s are for bringing your weak body part,s up on a D/c program,then only of a max of two bodyparts per cycle[Blast,s]
Doing widowmaker,s for every body part will only result in you burning out and getting stick thin,unless you are genecticly gifted and on a stack of drugs
D/C training is for experienced trainers that have had at least 7 years of hardcore training,aswell as having read and read all can on D/C,also it is better to get a D/C approved trainer to show you as there are so so much more to D/C training

Thanks Robbie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:19 am 
Mastodon

SeaSiren wrote:

I see some lats bustin out there. NICE! 8)

335 Squat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:12 am 
Elephant

Zack wrote:
SeaSiren wrote:

I see some lats bustin out there. NICE! 8)

Thanks! The funny thing is (to be blunt) since I am a "D", my bust is fairly "wide" or "full", so for comp I have to tape them so you can see the lats better. My lats have gotten wide enough (finally) that you can see them fairly easily without the tape .... but will still tape so I can show them all the way off in comp. :mrgreen: (OK, that was prob more information then you wanted, lol)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:24 pm 
Site Admin

All the best my dear! We should do some photo shoots together in Columbus next month.

We're bringing Sexy Back to Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness :)

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:17 pm 
Elephant

robert wrote:
All the best my dear! We should do some photo shoots together in Columbus next month.

We're bringing Sexy Back to Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness :)

Totally!! :)

Easy session today:
20 min steady cardio on incline tread this AM
upper abs 100-30-30
lower abs 30-30-30
stretching

Sleeping horrible last several nights. Almost glad when the light starts to filter in the skylight .... an excuse to get up!

Major house cleaning day today ..... so some "heavy dusting" ahead. Beginning to prepare the living room to move to dining and get the mats down, pole mounted and bag up. Still thinking of getting rid of more furniture ... less is more and all that. lol

Eating on schedule, but retaining more water than I like :(

Post subject: SHORT,s
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:27 pm 
Rabbit

Huh some photo that, where,s your short,s you know the one,s that you have to lie on the floor and get Sam,Vanna and Katie to pull them on you
ROBBIEx

Post subject: Re: SHORT,s
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:53 pm 
Elephant

ROBBIE wrote:
Huh some photo that, where,s your short,s you know the one,s that you have to lie on the floor and get Sam,Vanna and Katie to pull them on you
ROBBIEx

lol funny! Actually I'm a size 0/1 depending on make now ... pretty cool :) Shorts / skirts and active wear fit best. The darn jeans don't want to fit my thighs anymore! .... not a bad thing though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:02 pm 
Mastodon

Taping your boobs...that's kinda funny.

335 Squat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:49 pm 
Elephant

Zack wrote:
Taping your boobs...that's kinda funny.

Trick from my modeling days for runway .... lingerie and bikini to create more cleavage. In this case to get them out of the way. lol

Post subject: JEANS
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:02 pm 
Rabbit

Re jeans cut the legs off, then you have short,s plus as short as you want Not that short you naughty girl :shock:
ROBBIEx

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next