Time for Ashley to get her ass in gear!

Alright guys, I have been out with a back injury since may but I've decided it is time for me to work around my injury and get my ass back in gear. Hence the title of my log I can feel that I've gained some weight which is definately not good considering I have a good amount of weight to lose. And I am my cousin's maid of honour in May so it is important that i get started ASAP. So starting tommorow I am getting back with the program. I am going to aim to eat 1200 to 1500 calories a day focusing on fruits, veggies and whole grains, an minimal fat consumption. My tentative workout plan is as follows.

Monday- Weight training, 1 hr cardio, power yoga DVd

Tuesday-1 hr cardio, 1 hr yoga

Wed-Weight Training, 1 hr cardio, back care yoga dvd

Thurs-1 hr cardio, 1 hr yoga

Fri- Weight training, 1 hr cardio, power yoga dvd

Saturday- 1 hr cardio, maybe yoga

Thats only tentative, it may change. I have been doing yoga twice a week and i think it helps my back so i am going to try and squeeze it in daily. On top of this i am really busy with work and school so I need to work extra hard to keep myself in check. I definately need some extra support so please feel free to harass me when I dont post. Thanks -ash

• 2 weeks later...
I definately need some extra support so please feel free to harass me when I dont post. Thanks -ash

Chesty you lazy lump!

Where are your log entries? I hope you're only lazy posting, not working out!

Now get your ass up and in gear - you have to be fit for next year's vegan vacation AND to get onstage!

I definately need some extra support so please feel free to harass me when I dont post. Thanks -ash

Chesty you lazy lump!

Where are your log entries? I hope you're only lazy posting, not working out!

Now get your ass up and in gear - you have to be fit for next year's vegan vacation AND to get onstage!

Haha ok, ok! I'm finally posting. I ended up getting sick, of course, which ironically always coincides with the beginning of a fitness regimen. But, finally I got my butt in gear. I've still been doing yoga twice a week tho.

This morning I worked out my legs, I am opting to follow the body for life workout program.

Quad Extensions 12x25lb, 10x35lb, 8x45lb, 6x55lb, 12x45lb,

12xsquats with 10 lb dumbells

Lunges 24x5 lb 20x8lb, 16x10lb, 12x12lb, 24x10lb

12 hamstring lifts ( where you lay on your back and put your legs

up on the bench and lift you body with your legs, i have no idea

the technical term)

Calf Extension on step 12x5lb, 10x8lb, 8 x10lb, 6 x12lb, 12x10lb

single calf extensions on step, 12x8lb each leg

Abs (with the nordic track ab machine we got like 8 years ago, haha i dont even know if them make it anymore)

5 sets of 12 upper abs

5 sets of 12 lower abs

I know that kindof looks like chinese.

It was an intense workout, seeing as its been a while since I worked out my legs. But it felt great. I plan on doing some yoga later today. And tommorow I will do cardio and yoga.

I'm will be keeping track of my diet here

http://yourenotthatcool.blogspot.com/

thanks to veganmadre

i am planning to eat around 1500 calories on weight training days, and 1200 on cardio days.

Worked out my arms this morning!

Chest Press 12x5lb, 10x8lb, 8 x10lb, 6 x12lb, 12x10lb, 12 butterflies w/ 8 lbs

Shoulder Press 12x5lb, 10x8lb, 8 x10lb, 6 x12lb, 12x10lb, 12 deltiod lifts w/ 8 lbs

Back extensions on fitness ball, 5 sets of 12

Tricep overhead extentions 12x5lb, 10x8lb, 8 x10lb, 6 x12lb, 12x10lb, 12 tricep pushups on the wall

Seated Bicep Curls 12x5lb, 10x8lb, 8 x10lb, 6 x12lb, 12x10lb, 12 hammer curls8 lbs

Hey Michael Ya they can definately be intense. I think I want to add more cardio though. I need to cut fat.

Anyways, worked out my legs again today

Hamstring Bend overs 12x5lb, 10x8lb, 8 x10lb, 6 x12lb, 12x10lb

12 hamstring lifts

Calf Extension on step 12x5lb, 10x8lb, 8 x10lb, 6 x12lb, 12x10lb

Abs 5 sets of 12 upper abs

5 sets of 12 lower abs

I need to plan my diet better.

I made it a whole Week with my workout program. It has been a while since I have done that. Usually I last about 2-3 days before I get too lazy to drag myself out of bed. I just need to stay motivated. Alex, Keep the harrasment coming. hehe. Andi plan to make it 2 weeks and then 3, then 4, etc.

This morning I did 20 minutes of Cardio on the Recumbant bike.

In case anyone is unfamiliar with the concept of the Body For life cardio workouts and interested, here is a link to the BFL Website

http://www.bodyforlife.com/exercise/cardiotraining.asp

Here's a link to the weight training work outs as well.

http://www.bodyforlife.com/exercise/weighttraining.asp

Arms Day! I woke up 40 minutes late because I accidentally set my alarm clock for 8pm instead of the morning. Something I do about once every two weeks despite my best intentions. At least I woke up in time to still workout. I just wish i would have gotten up earlier i would have had more time to get some other things done.

My workout was pretty intense. My arms are twitchy and tingly right now. I happen to be angry at both my brother and my scene partner from my acting class so I channeled that frustration. Oh wonderful mondays.

Chest Press 12x5lb, 10x8lb, 8 x10lb, 6 x12lb, 12x10lb, 12 butterflies w/ 8 lbs

Shoulder Press 12x5lb, 10x8lb, 8 x10lb, 6 x12lb, 12x10lb, 12 lateral side raises w/ 8 lbs

Bent over rows 12x5lb, 10x8lb, 8 x10lb, 6 x12lb, 12x10lb, 12 extentions on the fitnes ball

Tricep overhead extentions 12x5lb, 10x8lb, 8 x10lb, 6 x12lb, 12x10lb, 12 tricep pushups on the wall

Seated Bicep Curls 12x5lb, 10x8lb, 8 x10lb, 6 x12lb, 12x10lb, 12 hammer curls8 lbs

I want to squeeze in some yoga somewhere today too. Prolly just a few poses to loosen up my body. I need to talk to my yoga teacher about some poses to do for that area b/t my shoulders and my neck. I am so tense there, its like a rock. And it makes it worse carrying big trays of food all the time. I am gonna eat cleaner this week as well. Put some more effort into planning my meals.

Well, I skipped 4 days of workouts. The new york city ballet workout didnt work out because of some stupid technicalities. I ended up have a really horrible headache Wed, Thurs, and Friday that I think was caused by some sugar free popsicles i was eating. That aspartame will get you. Friday nite I stayed out till 4 so I make sure my drunk boss/friend got where she needed to go. Saturday I slept till I had to get up to go to work.

Today I finally got my slack ass back in gear. I had a really focused leg workout. And I've decided I really hate lunges.

Lunges 12x5lb, 10x8lb, 8 x10lb, 6 x12lb, 12x10lb

12 hamstring lifts

Standing Calf Extensions 12x5lb, 10x8lb, 8 x10lb, 6 x12lb, 12xbodyweight on step

Abs 5 sets of 12 upper abs

5 sets of 12 lower abs

I picked up this Budokon dvd set at Target by this guy Cameron Shayne who i believe is a vegetarian. Its a combo of martial arts, yoga and meditiation, I'm gonna see how it is tommorow.

• 2 months later...

I finally got off my ass and did a little working out. I've been trying to count staying out dancing all nite as a workout, but the amount of beer i consume in the process kindof cancels it out.

Last nite i did disk one of this yoga workout book Bryan Kests long slow and deep. It was awesome. Can't wait to have enough stamina to do both disks. I felt so great when i got up this morning. That hams and a little sore but i felt so clear.

This morning i did 30 min on the eliptical trainer with some intervals. I think im gonna do some abs and some sun salutations before i go to work.

• 3 weeks later...

I seriously need to get my routine together or I am gonna be the blimp of honour at my cousins wedding in JUNe.

There's not a whole lot available at our workout room, the smallest weights available are 10 lbs. So today i did:

Squats 3 x 12 with 10lbs

Hamstring bend overs 3 x 12 with 10lbs

Standing Calf Raises 3 x 12 with 10lbs

ABS 3 X 25

25 min low intensity eliptical in the fat burning heart rate zone

• 5 months later...

its been about 4 months since ive worked out. Bleh. I feel so shitty. I quit drinking every night almost seven weeks ago and it seems that i have gained about 7 pounds since then which sucks some serious ass. I'm trying to get back into working out to replace my bad habit.

I have limited gym resources, but this is what my workout looked like tonight

chest press- 3x12 with 10 lbs

shoulder overhead press 3x 12 with 5 lbs

Lat pulls- 3x12 with 45 lbs

tricep pull downs 3x12 with 20 lbs

biceps hammer curls - 3x12 each arm with 10 lbs

20 min jog on treadmill. 1.5 incline 4.0 speed 5 min cool down

some stretching

it felt good to work out i hope i didnt over do it, as it has been a while. I have to be careful it is really easy for my to put stress on my back and then keep me from working out at all.

Prolly gonna try to do about 20 to 30 min of yoga in the morning before work hopefully that will keep my back loose.