Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lean&Green is 100%Raw, bodybuilding & will compete this fall
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:44 am 
Stegosaurus

awwwww.com

look at us in my aviator I finally found out where my profile was to chance the picture..

awwwww.com it's us

:)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:03 am 
Elephant

He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack :twisted: 8) :D

On my way to Massachusetts in 30 min; will hopefully HOPEFULLY shoot pics as i really would like to show support for the most muscular comp.

9/21 – 9/28/08

Resistance Training:
-Total Time: 10 3/4 hours
-9 workouts

Cardio:-Total Time: 5 1/4 hours
-66.5 miles outdoor cycling
-1 game racquetball
-1 game indoor 4 wall handball

Highlights:
-33 mile bike right last night in the pouring rain was AMAZING! Loved every moment of it;
rode with a friend of mine who FLIES so I had to really work super hard just to keep up with
his toned down pedaling. Avg pace around 17 mph and about 20mph on flats :mrgreen:
-Feeling good as a direct result of getting to the gym consistently
-Major strength increases with all minor muscles groups this week i.e. : traps, core, calves,
forearms. They are all responding extremely well to repetitive training. Major bodyparts
are coming back at a normal rate.
-Not to turn my journal into sop city but tomorrow I am headed out to be with ‘thendanisays’ and will remain there until she says goodbye to her place of residency. Then we do the same for me here in nyc and all points head west to our place together in Portland. Basically, starting tomorrow I will never ever be alone again which hasn’t truly sunk in but it will the second our eyes meet =)
-Taking my bicycle so I can continue to get lost in Massachusetts while I travel around to get some exercise in since I’ll be there for about 10 days
-I hope to work a deal out with the gym Dani trains
-Woke up today super sore and aching all over from this grueling week of training plus i've been dieiting down a bit. I was up to like 193; man do i put on weight fast; but i'm at 187 today which is much better. I need to drop another 5-6 lbs minimum, maintain that for awhile and then start the real drop for the comp..... ;)

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:38 pm 
Stegosaurus

6 things important in my life

showing and receiving love
My friends
My family
Raw foods
My bike
My health :)

I'm so ever humble to have you and Dani in my life. Thanks Giacomo

I :heart: U

Natashie Washie
PS look at us in my aviator :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:17 pm 
Mastodon

Lean and Green wrote:
Basically, starting tomorrow I will never ever be alone again which hasn’t truly sunk in but it will the second our eyes meet =)

What is this romantic garbage get outta here. :puke:

335 Squat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:41 am 
Elephant

what zack said :wink:
no seriously dude. that's cute, cuddly or whatever you call it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:39 pm 
Elephant

Ok OK no more sop! :roll: :)

9/29-10/05

Resistance Training:
-Total hours trained: 7 ½ hours
-5 workouts (though several were 2 workouts crammed into one

Cardio:
-27 miles cycling in Massachusetts, beautiful even though I got lost here, as usual. :roll:

Highlights:
-I have been in Massachusetts with ‘thendanisays’ helping her move out aand to return her
car as it was being repaired and was left in nyc.
-Decided to go big on the deadlift just to know I still got it. After my 5 heavy worksets deadlifting I tried for some 1 rep maxes. 405lbs came up super easy off the floor and I could have did it at least once more. Instead I rested and then lifted 425lbs off the floor successfully though I\it was a bit of a struggle. No ‘hitching’ as I am more self conscious about it ever since the video post. Perhaps I needed to workout my male ego in front of thendanisays, who knows? :lol: :roll: 8)
-Enjoyed cycling in Mass immensely even though I cannot seem to get from point a to b without getting horribly lost EVERY TIME. The hills are great and the scenery is gorgeous.
-Wish I was able to train more but we have too much going on with the move to Portland and all in less than 9 days!
-Clocked in mid-day on the scale at 187lbs which means I weigh even less than that first thing in the morning so I apparently lost more weight. Sweeeeet.
-Down to my last 2 lbs of algae left from a 77lb bulk order in January. I sold and gave away about 15lbs of it but the rest was all me haha….
-Next week will be a bit shoddy due to it being my turn to move and say goodbyes and then the week after that will be the roooad trip so that’s where I’m at at the moment.

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:29 pm 
Stegosaurus

My Raw friend. Where have you been? Are you joining us in P-town yet?

Love and Peace

your Natasha

:heart:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:06 am 
Elephant

11/10-11/16

Is it really november, geez! Been so out of touch with things I once called routine. Anyhow, would love to get my Vbbf blog updated and tgry to be present more often like I did pre vv08 and such :D

I am updating this because I actually have something to update it with. I've been very inconsistent and you once you fall out of a routine you take every excuse in the book before you go back in and before you know it, it's been almost 2 months without hitting the weights. BUT........ This week I have finally managed to change that.

5 days in a row, which is huge for me right now. Wed - Sun. I hope this is a prelude of things to come. I am highly motivated, focused and extremely disciplined as of late and comfortable being that way. More so than I have ever been in my entire life.

I know the title of this was 'will compete this fall' but the move was too much and getting setled and all. HOWEVER, I am in full mimndset right now and underway to make it happen with 3-5 months time. Since I was inactive, I took extra time to rework my dietary habits. I started with a 2 day water fast and intended to do juice for 3 days thereafter just to reset my body and learn self control again. But it just felt right to continue on this way. Plus I wanted to lean out and remain at a low bodyfat so that I can do a very strict 'clean' bulk so that when it comes time to shred up, I won't have to throw my body into a state of shock to do so. I am pretty lean rigth now, about 172ish. I have been on juice and blends for the past 21 days. 2 more days of juice and then My diet will still be VERY VERY strict using solids sparingly in tune with my goals. Last 2 days and next 2 days will consist of no blends and no spirulina (otherwise i was taking in about 280 grams per day every day with the exception of two other exclusively juice days). I wish to end the feast below 170lbs so that after I can back water weight and resume normal eating habits, I can maintain a 175lb bodyweight give or take 8% bodyfat level for a bulking period of say 2 months. Then a month of fine tuning, then a month of shredding up properly. Before all this i need to be in a starter royutine for about a month. Hopefully by march i should be ok to compete, we'll see. I plan on possibly doing a couple next year and perhaps going up on stage with the cheeke man which would be a great showing for vegan athletes once he gives me the heads up on when he plans on delving into it next year, BUDDY..... YEEEEEAP.

Cannot wait for muscle memory to return and kick it into high gear. As of now EVERY LITTLE THING HURTS!!!!

Since this post was kind of lengthly, when I break the fast on day 24, this wednesday, I will give a heads up on the transition and how I will do solids slowly but surely and in an efective and smart manner to remain lean and keep strong. It has been so much fun fasting, as usual but now it's time for this raw foodist to GROW and get SWOL! Enough of the cleansing games, time to get serious BUDDY!

Resistance Training:
-Total hours trained: 7 hours
-5 workouts

Cardio:
-None. I would like to jog and cycle a bit moderately but after a legs workout they hurt wayyy to much. Damn you lactic acid and inactive body!

Joelk wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:10 am 
Elephant

Oh yeh, edit cardio thingie. Me. Thendanisays, Tasha and Jessifly went ICE SKATING together this week!!!!! I still have the wristband on from it from days ago because it was just so much darn fun I want to be reminded of it every day. It was Jessifly's first time ever; she rocked out =) I had fun trying to spin myself into an oblivion, lol. And doing 'the bull' straight across the rink, LOL

Also, I will take pics of my lean but... alas skinny body at the moment so as to see future progress. It's all good ;)

Joelk wrote:

Post subject: Re: Lean&Green is 100%Raw, bodybuilding & will compete w/in 5mos
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:46 am 
Site Admin

I look forward to training with you when I'm around more. I hope you're enjoying Portland. Sorry I haven't seen you much. I'd write more now, but it's time for me to hit the sack.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:48 pm 
Stegosaurus

Lean and Green wrote:
Oh yeh, edit cardio thingie. Me. Thendanisays, Tasha and Jessifly went ICE SKATING together this week!!!!! I still have the wristband on from it from days ago because it was just so much darn fun I want to be reminded of it every day. It was Jessifly's first time ever; she rocked out =) I had fun trying to spin myself into an oblivion, lol. And doing 'the bull' straight across the rink, LOL

Also, I will take pics of my lean but... alas skinny body at the moment so as to see future progress. It's all good ;)

:lol: I had a blast doing the bull with you.
Next time after the rink we should plan on getting together on a durian extravaganza :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:40 pm 
Site Admin

I honestly think I speak for everyone when I say that I'm happy to see you back :)

All the best brother. See you again soon.

I know you're busy, thanks for stopping by to welcome everyone.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:59 pm 
Elephant

Natashie B. L. Washie, A durian extravaganza is def well on its way and in the works. I haven't been called much to fatty foods as of late with the recen fasting and all but i'll be back to my lovely friend Durian in no time and we will feast like Kings on the King of all fruits, all hail DURIAN! Just no food fighting okay? :lol: Or someone could really get hurt

Robert. I wanted to come back so bad, I kept putting it off and my connecting wasn't paid for so it kept dropping out even after I got settled. This is no longer the case and we're somewhat settled.

I am doing my best to be a once again daily presence here.

Thank goodness at least we can chill but I still felt left out b/c of my lack of activity here. It was only a matter of time B.U.D.D.Y.!!!!! :compress:

Ok now for the update as promised.

Today is the last day on only Juices. I has been 23 days of liquids
The last 4 days have been strictly juicing, no blending.
7/23 only juice no blending
2/23 only water
3/23 only vegetable blends/juice
13/23 days, 280g spirulina a day in a blend of fruits and cinammon

Okay no for the game plan to remain tight, LEAN and strict on my way to a comp

Day 1 (Tomorrow) of breaking the feast
-Soaked prunes in the morning, no actual solid food other than that. Mixture of blends/juices and spirulina
Day 2 Half a Papaya and liquids rest of day
Day 3 Half a Canteloupe and liquids rest of day
Day 4 Half a Papaya, Half a Canteloupe and liquids rest of day
Day 5 1 whole Honeydew melon liquids rest of day
Day 6 Serving of spiralized Zucchini, 2 pieces of fruit and liquids
*I will now include seed milks as well :D:D:D:D:D:D
Day 7 Serving of spiralized Zucchini, 2 pieces of fruit and liquids, 1 serving of seed pate
and liquids
Day 8 Serving of spiralized Zucchini, 2 pieces of fruit and liquids, 1/2 serving of nut pate,
1/2 serving of seed pate and liquids
Day 9 THANKSGIVING :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Some light made gourmet meals
which may or may not includ solid nuts and seeds (stuffing. cranberry sauce,
mashed potatoes and perhaps a small desert a mini serving of a pie). **Sounds
like alot but it will be all very small servings. Remember, I wish to stay below 175
or in that zone and clean bulk and then have a very easy going shredding up
period 2-3 weeks before a show. I WILL COMPETE :bodybuilding: :bodybuilding:
:bodybuilding: :bodybuilding: :bodybuilding: :twisted: :wink:

My current weight is 170lbs. I will post pics of my shrunken self tomorrow after they are shot hopefully and then it will be all growth from here on for a bit :D

Joelk wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:16 pm 
Elephant

hey Lean&Green nice to see you back ! You seem full of energy! I can't wait to travel too.

Those juice feasts you're doing seem fantastic. You're almost like a fruitarian. I feel great when I eat only a few pieces of fruits during the day and nothing else.

Good luck for the comps that you'll do and I'm looking foward to see new pics of you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:54 am 
Elephant

Thanks I'm Your Man :D Yea I def do thrive, however, restricting calories and days of practically no calories at all is not condusive to bbing for the longer term which is why i'm off it now and trying to start to build again in a more traditional fashion. However, the juice fast/feast most certainly did it's job. :mrgreen:

First of all, i'm kind of preturbed as I have been trying to extract the shots and a video off of my camera and for some reason neither of our computers will recognize the camera; just says the usb device has malfunctioned.... What the heck; any clue, anyone??? So no progress shots or video, alas.......

Before the Fast: 190lbs; 10%bf; 34.5" waist
Last day of Fast: 169lbs; 7%bf; 30" waist
Currently: 174lbs; 7%bf; didn;t measure waist (you always gain a decent bit once you start consuming solids again and then level off somewhere). I'd like to maintain around 175lbs, max 180lbs while bulking clean.....

Okay so here's the specs of the week:

Breaking the Feast Transition to solids

I didn't stick to it 100% but this is still a better transition than the last time, for the most part..

Day 1 (Tomorrow) of breaking the feast
-Soaked prunes in the morning, no actual solid food other than that. Mixture of blends/juices and spirulina Stuck to the plan; 100%
Day 2 Half a Papaya and liquids rest of day Stuck to the plan; 100% and only had 1/4
of papaya

Day 3 Half a Canteloupe and liquids rest of day Stuck to the plan; 100%
Day 4 Half a Papaya, Half a Canteloupe and liquids rest of day Stuck to the plan; 100% and only had a 14 papaya
Day 5 1 whole Honeydew melon liquids rest of day Started spiralized zucchini today, a day early
Day 6 Serving of spiralized Zucchini, 2 pieces of fruit and liquids Added a serving of quinoa and a serving of buckwheat. The buckwheat was sprouted and blended into a pate mized with some spices, the quinoa was sprouted and made into a tabouli. Then at night, I had two bowls, LARGE bowls of buckwheaties, fruit and pumpkin seed milk, oh so good. Payed for it ALL night LONG. AAAAAAH! :roll:

I've been a raw food prepping machine with Dani's help, of course! The buckwheaties (chocolate flavor with the use of carob) looked fantastic and I never tried them. Once I took one bite it was all over. That as well as the banana breads and much more that have been drying in the dehydrator all week, made me crack. Whatever, it was just too damn plain tempting. Plus, I wanted to speed up the process of transition a bit, so I could have a meal on thanksgiving and not be sorry. Plus I want to start feeding my body properly so that I can grow and be strong and swol once again.

Today I will have a sprouted sunflower seed pate that I prepared yesterday with lemon juice, garlic and a touch of shoyu and more seed miilk. Tomorrow a nut pate in addition. Wednesday a handful of nuts in addition and then it's back to anything being fair game, in moderation.

Oh Buckwheaties btw are: Sprouted Buckwheat, lightly processed into a soupy oatmeal texture and mixed with carob, vanilla, agave, touch of salt and dehydrated for a day or so until they get crispy. I use them like cereal and break the sheet up into little pieces....

Resistance Training
-Trained 6/7 days
-Getting strength back and muscle memory kicking in making me feel like I belong instead of
a sore why did you do this to me feeling.

Cardio
-None yet, although Dani did get a bike yesterday!!!! Which means perhaps we will start riding together and I plan on playing some racquetball and swimming soon too.

Highlights
-Deadlifted 365, then tried for my old 405 regular and didn't clear it. My max is somewhere
in the middle. I was able to do it less than two mos ago, even with inconsistent training.
It should be a cinch fairly shortly; even though i'm not training for strength for awhile.
-Legs didn't feel horribly sore like they did the week before.
-Pullups didn't hurt either week, a sign my shoulder may be improving as I haven't been able to do them since I hurt my shoulder 5 mos ago.
-I'm Back! :boxer: :D :mrgreen:

Joelk wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 22  Next