Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: LnG + R.C = Yeah Buddy
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:02 pm 
Rabbit

Looking very lean in your profile pic mate 8)

Most atheists see themselves as realists - their atheism is a part of their willingness to square up to the world as it is and face it without recourse to superstition or comforting fictions about a life to come or a benevolent power looking after us.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:01 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for all your help man! Gonna miss you when I split and take off on tour again.

Thanks for picking me up at the airport today. More food coming into the house soon buddy!

-Arco

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:32 am 
Elephant

RC YB2.11, straight up gas!

johnboy74. Thanks :) That pic is from april 2009. I don't look like that on the outside now however I will work towards another competition. I am thinking summer or fall of 2012. >:-)

So I have been so delayed in writing my journal entries however I have been working out!!

WEEK 8: 01/17 - 01/23 (4 workouts)
WEEK 9: 01/24 - 01/30 (3 workouts, needed rest!)
WEEK 10: 01/31 - 02/06 (6 workouts, rested sunday)

Week 9 was the first week since I started training again in december, that I had a week with only 3 gym sessions. Considering I only wanted to commit to 3 sessions a week, i'd say it's still a win. Anyhow, I burned it up on week 10.

Started up with some creatine on Feb 2 and will prob run it through the end of march.

Last summer was the first summer that I have not been lean in over a decade. I am getting back up to speed for this year and then come late fall, beginning to bulk hardcore for next years competition. For now, one step at a time..

Started training with Jason Morris a fellow forum member/bber who knows his stuff like whoa. We will be training together on Mon, Sat and Sun and maybe more schedule permitting. I'm very excited for this.

I am putting up some big numbers very quickly with the lower body however my lower back is asking me for a break. I am going to listen. Deadlifts 280lbs on 4th set 10 reps, 265 for squats same idea. Decline barbell press is up to 185. Taking my time with this and making sure not to re injure my rotator cuff.

Ok well off to get some shut eye. Take care

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:09 am 
Site Admin

Nice work buddy!

Thanks for getting up at 4AM to take me to the airport without thinking twice about it. Not many people would do that.

Thanks again.

Train hard, eat plenty!

RC - Arco

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:00 pm 
Rabbit

Quote:
I am putting up some big numbers very quickly with the lower body however my lower back is asking me for a break. I am going to listen. Deadlifts 280lbs on 4th set 10 reps, 265 for squats same idea. Decline barbell press is up to 185.

Dang-Heck yeah those are some insane numbers!! Well done. I understand the lower back issues-No fun, but you still have some great numbers there.

Quote:
Thanks for getting up at 4AM to take me to the airport

Now that's a true friend.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:05 am 
Site Admin

Buddy!

See you soon.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:24 am 
Elephant

http://www.veganproteins.blogspot.com <--- to skip my long winded update on life and to get to current training + nutrition :mrgreen:

Sooooo after week 13, everything went downhill for me for about a month. I had house guests and it just took up too much of me. I am going to keep the focus on me or a bit now. It's something I never do. It's nice to put your heart out there but at what expense. I wind up at a loss and in the end get hurt.

Then from stress (I swear if there is ever anything that'll get me it's this, I work too much and am always on overdrive) and the call center environment I work in part time, I caught flu like symptoms. I was bedridden for 2ish days and pretty bad for about a week.

thendanisays moved back in with me just recently (almost together 3 years now since vv08 YB). Although it is great and the chemistry is just plain awesome, it still took a lot out of us in both time and focus.

Well, working out together has also seemed to be an inexplicable challenge for us. You think it would be a no brainer. Two vegans, living together, workout and fitness buffs, passionate about cooking, what's the deal? I don't have an answer for you, we just always seemed to have different preference for training and it somehow got in the way for us both.

That time is over starting 8 days ago. We are blogging about it as well. thendanisays has really wanted to try p90x, mainly because of the transformations she has seen from those who followed it. Me, your classic iron lifting simple dude, I was a skeptic and initially not interested. But this was a way or us to bond to commit to train together with the potential for great results! I'm in.

We modified the nasty recommended meal and veganized it!
We went through week 1 of training 8)

http://www.veganproteins.blogspot.com

This will be updated regularly and of course I will come back here weekly to share personal thoughts, etc and catch up with the forum. I'll get back here consistently soon enough!

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

Post subject: Re: LnG + thendanisays Veganize P90x diet and go through pro
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:27 pm 
Manatee

You have a full plate. All you can do when you fall is get back up and keep running. Fortunately a healthy diet keeps you strong & healthy even when you can't get to the gym. Vive Vegan!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:33 pm 
Elephant

ICanDoThis wrote:
You have a full plate. All you can do when you fall is get back up and keep running.

Been unloading a lot off my plate. Downsized my workweek from 100 hrs per week last year between the bank and Vegan Proteins to about 60 hours a week. Now I can train consistently and it feels terrific :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I am shortening it up even further to 45-50 hours total working much less for someone else which feels better too starting in July.

latest update day 30 Vegan Proteins Blog on me and thendanisays progress/photos/info

We took photos which you can find in the link up above and I have to say I am very satisfied with the P90x program and our Veganized version of their diet plan. Today is the start of Phase II, 60 more days to go. I reckon it will most likely be back to weights afterwards. For now though this program a great well rounded program.

Since starting this 30 days ago, I've dropped about 12lbs, gained a ton of flexibility, good strength and cardiovascular gains as well.

Although i've always gotten the exact results i've wanted on my own programs it's interesting to follow one mapped out for you that is in the mainstream.

We have also been getting into acro yoga:
Example of Acro Yoga

It's pretty hardcore and we are just at the beginning stages. I am confident though with the new focus on a flexible body for the first time in my life, we will progress nicely. It is such a connecting and rewarding experience!

That's about it for now. 8)

Joelk wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:43 pm 
Site Admin

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

:) See you in Brooklyn soon buddy!

Such perfect timing! I love it! Flight and car booked!

Post subject: Re: Can the green machine make a comeback?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:34 am 
Elephant

Since my last goal which was accomplished in April 2008, I have been back and forth with getting into a consistent routine and creating a goal / mark to achieve.

This needs to stop. There will be a mark in sight and I fortunately VBBF is here to motivate!

It will be good fun to work closely with two other forum members together on Team Vegan Proteins. We all have different goals however we will be working together towards achieving them. More to follow on our group progress, etc.

Late night for me, all too common.

I basically want to catch up and say hey, eh?

I did get a workout in today and one on 31st. I will be getting in 4 gym sessions, 1 yoga session and at least 1 cardio session every week. End of week progress / recap and daily updates will be on the way :mrgreen:

Today was simple and it will be for another month or two. Get moving, get basics down. With the consistency everything else will flow.

Deadlifts 225x10 4 sets
Good Mornings 115x10 4 sets
Hyperextension BWx10
Forearm dumbbell curls 35x10 4 sets
Rev Forearm dumbbell curls 20x10 4 sets

Shoulders tomorrow.

:boxer: :wink:

Joelk wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:04 am 
Site Admin

Welcome home, buddy.

Can I get a, "Yeah Buddy?"

;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpMit8SpqRA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:04 am 
Gorilla

Good to have you up and about in the forums Giacomo!

"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated." -Arnold

My Training Journal:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=26321

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:26 pm 
Elephant

Enjoy your self! Glad to see you here.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:35 pm 
Elephant

Thanks NicholasWeir! Trying my darndest to enjoy every bit of life John V 8)

R.C. yea... BHUDDAY!

It was quite the thrill being mentioned in the New York Times today! I can't wait to pick up a copy tomorrow.

I had every intention on training during lunchtime. Unfortunately, there has been a lot of demand for my work at the other job. I was so bogged down on my 11hr shift that I skipped out on all 3 15 min breaks and only took a 30min lunch instead of the full hour. It is my choice of course but to me there was no choice. Work needed to be done. Unfortunately, it came at the expense of my workout and I couldn't catch up with it tonight. Came home to do some online work (off to do that now). Blah blah blah. NO EXCUSES!

I get out early tomorrow and can train right after work since I have a meeting at lunch and then hit up fri, sat and sun and still meet my training goals.

Got 150g+ of protein in today so making sure to ramp up the caloric intake and get that protein in as well. Time to make some moves!

:boxer: :boxer: :boxer:

Joelk wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next