Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Drug Testing in Bodybuilding
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:17 pm 
Site Admin

I know this topic has come up a few times recently. Some of you had questions about how they drug test for natural federations and what the qualifications are, etc.

I can't provide all the information, but I can try to give a brief outline and then list some links that have all the exact details that I don't have off the top of my head.

I compete in both the International Natural Bodybuilding Federation (INBF) www.inbf.net and the International Natural Bodybuilding Association (INBA) www.naturalbodybuilding.com

I believe the INBF requires the Natural Bodybuilders to be drug-free for the past 7 years. The INBA requires athletes to be drug-free for the past 5 years.

When I competed with the INBF I took a polygraph and urine test the same day.

When I've competed with the INBA I've taken either the urine test or the polygraph test, not both.

With polygraph tests, the tester straps some wires around your chest and hooks some devises up to your fingers and you sit still with your eyes closed and don't move, while answering questions with a yes or no answer. The questions start out basic, like "Is today Saturday?....Are you in California?"......Have you ever purposely turned your back on a friend to get him in trouble? Have you ever done something you should be in jail for?.....etc. Then they ask, "have you ever taken steriods?....have you taken any growth hormones?....have you taken any prescription diuretics?....have you taken ephedera?....stuff like that.

With the urine test, they stand right behind you, maybe just a couple of feet so you can't cheat. Some people in the past have tried to sneak someone else's urine sample in a cup in their pocket and then poured it into the testing cup to cover up the fact that they have used drugs. In this case, it is not possible. The pretty much watch you pee.

If you fail the tests in the INBA, your awards are stripped from you and you are even posted on their website as a FAILED Athlete and they list why you failed, what drugs came up in your results.

You can visit www.naturalbodybuilding.com or www.inbf.net to see the lists of banned substances.

Most bodybuilders in these natural federations are lifetime drug-free bodybuilders. Others meet the minimum and are drug-free the past 5 or 7 years.

Other federations such as the National Physique Committee (NPC) and Interantional Federation of Body Builders (IFBB) do NOT drug test. And MOST of those bodybuilder DO use steriods and other performance enhancing drugs.'

In the Natural Organizations EVERY BODYBUILDER is tested. The fee is usually around $40-$60 to be tested.

So that is a bit about how it all works. Obviously I've never failed a test.

I edited this once because I spelled a word incorrectly which made it sound kinda funny. Megan pointed it out to me.

Thin Thin Drug-Free Him

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1