300lb bench

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Bigbwii
Elephant

300lb bench

#1 Postby Bigbwii » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:14 am

I punished those wieghts Today was workout day and I was real scared going into it I had 290lbs to do! and there was no way I was going to accept defeat so me and my buddy got down to it I started with 290lbs! ...did it I had planned to stop there and rep out at a lighter wieght but my buddy said I did it easy and I should try 295lbs so I said OK let's go!.... did it my buddy said I might as well go for 300lbs I said bring it on!...did it! but only just squeezed it out:lol: I said why stop there! so I went for 305lbs....I crashed but I gave it a good fight, so I'm gonna do it next week for sure! I'm really enjoying doing 1 rep training it feels fantastic! I wasn't planning on doing it at all but I'm making gains with so why stop!
I'm experiencing the same on the squat I did 1 rep at 160, 215,225, 275lbs, I also did 305lbs on the deadlift! my form felt much better and every thing including the bench felt so much easier! there's a lot to be said for 1 rep training something happens during a lift that I can't explain like just when I think it's over I can feel a surge of strength come out of nowhere! anyway I'm probably not making much sense! the only thing I don't like is that my routine seems to be all over the place right now but I'm sure it will settle down at some point! maybe when I finish having so much fun getting my strength back
FRUITARIAN FITNESS
The Fruitarian Lifestyle & Fitness Coach
www.fruitarianfitness.com

michaelhobson
Elephant

#2 Postby michaelhobson » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:20 am

:shock: Good work Big Boy! I can't wait to claim 300 as my bench, a very respectable number! 8)

Bigbwii
Elephant

#3 Postby Bigbwii » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:36 am

Thanks MH, You ain't far behind, increase your wieghts by 5lbs each week regardless of wherever you think you can do it or not and I bet you'll be surprised with the results!!! :wink:
FRUITARIAN FITNESS

robert
Site Admin

#4 Postby robert » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:15 pm

I just commented on this in the Personal Bests category. 8)

Congratulations on hitting 300!

Great work, keep us updated on how the 1-rep training goes.

Awesome job!

-Rob

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Bigbwii
Elephant

#5 Postby Bigbwii » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:50 pm

Thanks MH,Rob. :lol: :lol:
FRUITARIAN FITNESS

jonathan
Elephant

#6 Postby jonathan » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:25 pm

ill get it with before the years end :wink:

not bad for a guy with a 7ft wingspan!

the key to my increases will be paused benching, as touch and go always feels really easy after paused!

nich work bigbwii :D whats your real name btw?

jonathan
Squat
Press
Eat
Repeat

Bigbwii
Elephant

#7 Postby Bigbwii » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:12 pm

I predict that you'll get it before the month is done you wait and see!!!! :shock: I'm glad you have a system that that works for you! I picked up this 1 rep training thing by accident coz my training buddy kept on challenging me to do more! then one more! then one more! my goal now is 350lbs bench by xmas :twisted: ! I'm Richard. I came up with Bigbwii to give me inspiration to be a bigbwii (jamaican slang for bigboy):wink:
FRUITARIAN FITNESS

jonathan
Elephant

#8 Postby jonathan » Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:16 am

getting closer now - got 292lb (132.5kg) last night at our little vegan fitness meet-up at my house. there were lots of pbs made so im glad that i got one of them!

jonathan
Squat

Press

Eat

Repeat

robert
Site Admin

#9 Postby robert » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:14 pm

Great job Jonathan,

I'm still very far from the 300 lb bench :oops:

I'm known for having lots of veins and huge forearms but not for strength. Many times I think I'd much rather trade being shredded for bulk and strength. In fact, most times. So I just gotta eat now and lift heavy.

My friend Leonard from Estonia gave me a t-shirt that says, "Train Hard Eat Plenty." I took it with me when I traveled to Estonia 2 years ago and wore it around. I might make a vegan bodybuilding version of that kind of shirt soon.

Again, great job on the PR!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”