300lb bench

I punished those wieghts Today was workout day and I was real scared going into it I had 290lbs to do! and there was no way I was going to accept defeat so me and my buddy got down to it I started with 290lbs! ...did it I had planned to stop there and rep out at a lighter wieght but my buddy said I did it easy and I should try 295lbs so I said OK let's go!.... did it my buddy said I might as well go for 300lbs I said bring it on!...did it! but only just squeezed it out:lol: I said why stop there! so I went for 305lbs....I crashed but I gave it a good fight, so I'm gonna do it next week for sure! I'm really enjoying doing 1 rep training it feels fantastic! I wasn't planning on doing it at all but I'm making gains with so why stop!

I'm experiencing the same on the squat I did 1 rep at 160, 215,225, 275lbs, I also did 305lbs on the deadlift! my form felt much better and every thing including the bench felt so much easier! there's a lot to be said for 1 rep training something happens during a lift that I can't explain like just when I think it's over I can feel a surge of strength come out of nowhere! anyway I'm probably not making much sense! the only thing I don't like is that my routine seems to be all over the place right now but I'm sure it will settle down at some point! maybe when I finish having so much fun getting my strength back

Congratulations! Awesome weight on the bench! It must be your strong lift because it is the same as your squat and deadlift, lifts that are usually much higher than bench.

Great work on the 300! I'm not even close. I think 265 is where I've topped out.

Keep us updated on the 1 rep training. I have some BIG friends who do a lot of 1 rep sets for lots of muscle groups.

-Rob

Thanks Rob, Yeah, I'm starting over as far as my squats are concerned as a I have not squatted since my schoolboy days so my squatting numbers are real bad but I think I'm finding my groove with it! so far I'm really loving this one rep training thing!!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks so much Kollision! I work out with my buddie on Sundays! and I did it when I was trying to get back in the groove of things!! I could of kept on improving but I've changed my routine! I basically want to start over from scratch!

Good going with the HST man, it really works wonders. The way I did HST was a modified version, and man my strength shot up big time. But yo uare focusing on Muscle mass, so good luck bro.

BTW, have you tried 300 since you last posted before the HST?

Thanks man, I already know that I would not be able to do 300lbs again while training 3 times a week, I can only do that stuff when I'm training once a week and doing singles! I made great strength progress doing singles! that's why I wanted to start over, I wanted to build up to my new max and have a better foundation for my strength and size! when I first came back to training I started the bench at 286lbs now I'm looking to build on this! hope that made sense! right now I'm loving HST because it gives me a variety of reps that I would otherwise not do! and I love the idea of 3 times a week training! it's gonna take time to get to the level I want to get to for instance I want to be able get to 400lbs bench and be able to do at least 3 reps of that at any time!!!! I want to add much more wieghts to every exercise I do! and I believe I can do this with HST!

Thanks man, I already know that I would not be able to do 300lbs again while training 3 times a week, I can only do that stuff when I'm training once a week and doing singles! I made great strength progress doing singles! that's why I wanted to start over, I wanted to build up to my new max and have a better foundation for my strength and size! when I first came back to training I started the bench at 286lbs now I'm looking to build on this! hope that made sense! right now I'm loving HST because it gives me a variety of reps that I would otherwise not do! and I love the idea of 3 times a week training! it's gonna take time to get to the level I want to get to for instance I want to be able get to 400lbs bench and be able to do at least 3 reps at any time!!!! I want to add much more wieghts to every exercise I do! and I believe I can do this with HST!

Good luck on your HST routine as well as hitting that beloved 400 lb bench. 400 lb is a lot of weight, and a lot of people do not even do 3 plates alone. So good luck to you.

What else do you lift that is very heavy bro? Any other exercises that you have dominated as you did the bench?

As for HST, just wait for the last week. 5 reps baby!

I can't wait for the 5 reps stage! I found that I had to tweak the wieghts a little for the 15's because they were too easy! but I found the 15 the hardest I guess because I'm not used to doing so many reps! but I've always had great strength but I went fruitarian and lost EVERYTHING I had, now I'm rebuilding and trying to get back to how I was when I was doing Olympic wieghtlifting as a schoolboy, I actually did 300lbs when I was 13 yrs old but I went to rugby instead of the weightlifting! I used to be able to do squats real heavy but now I'm only just getting used to the form! I can do 225-250lbs on the shrugs but my grip lets me down! I'm going to set new standards for myself by my second cycle of HST! that's for sure!!! I'm real good at the presses Bench/shoulder, but I really can't bragg about anything yet as I really have to start from scratch

I can't wait for the 5 reps stage! I found that I had to tweak the wieghts a little for the 15's because they were too easy! but I found the 15 the hardest I guess because I'm not used to doing so many reps! but I've always had great strength but I went fruitarian and lost EVERYTHING I had, now I'm rebuilding and trying to get back to how I was when I was doing Olympic wieghtlifting as a schoolboy, I actually did 300lbs when I was 13 yrs old but I went to rugby instead of the weightlifting! I used to be able to do squats real heavy but now I'm only just getting used to the form! I can do 225-250lbs on the shrugs but my grip lets me down! I'm going to set new standards for myself by my second cycle of HST! that's for sure!!! I'm real good at the presses Bench/shoulder, but I really can't bragg about anything yet as I really have to start from scratch

Man bro, you are strong! 13 years old doing 300 lb bench?! Did I read that right?

225 -250 shrugs, is that with a bar or each dumbbell?

Shoulders are my weak point, I dislike shoulders...

You are one strong guy, glad to have ya on board.

Yes 300lbs bench when I was 13, I was was really in shape then!!! 225-250lbs shrugs are with the bar! thanks... I am a naturaly strong dude but I want to get back in the groove and get stronger than I've ever been before and have the size to show for it! have good size and good strength now I've stopped playing rugby I've no excuse not to do this now!

Yes 300lbs bench when I was 13, I was was really in shape then!!! 225-250lbs shrugs are with the bar! thanks... I am a naturaly strong dude but I want to get back in the groove and get stronger than I've ever been before and have the size to show for it! have good size and good strength now I've stopped playing rugby I've no excuse not to do this now!

Man,....you are definitely strong!

How heavy are you now? How old?

*hrmmm sounds like a new topic for me to make in the General Discussion section

I'm about 5"10 I've bulked up to just over 190lbs but I don't like how it feels!so I may start cutting down! I'm 35yrs old, so I'm starting over late in the game I also feel as though I should be much stronger because of all this! but having said all of that when I was younger I used to be just as strong and wieghed much, much less!

I'm about 5"10 I've bulked up to just over 190lbs but I don't like how it feels!so I may start cutting down! I'm 35yrs old, so I'm starting over late in the game I also feel as though I should be much stronger because of all this! but having said all of that when I was younger I used to be just as strong and wieghed much, much less!

Sorry for the informality, I didn't know you were 35. You look around my age. You are a really strong man, and it's hard to believe that you were so strong even as a kid! It reminds me of this one black teenager in high school and he wasn't all that big, but he benched 300 as well. He made the news on the internet because of his strength. You ever see it? My how kids are getting strong. I was surprised that he was a freshman too!

Good luck on your journey to perfecting your body. Sorry to hear that you don't like your body right now, but youll get your dream body soon.

Ya know, it's really funny you should mention it but as a pro rugby player I've seen so many gifted and truly amazingly athletic people from all different countries but mostly from NewZealand and Austrailia and surrounding areas! I mean people that were huge and fast! I once played against Kevin Iro who was a sentsation for a while!!! when I was a kid growing up in the minority nieghbour hood and school I would see similarly amazing athletic prowess on a shoestring budget from the local kids !!! I've also seen this from myself in my glory days too! I guess the point you reminded me of is that there's special people with all kinds of special abilities out there! and it just proves that you don't have to be rich or an expert to achieve great hieghts!! thanks for reminding me of this!

Ya know, it's really funny you should mention it but as a pro rugby player I've seen so many gifted and truly amazingly athletic people from all different countries but mostly from NewZealand and Austrailia and surrounding areas! I mean people that were huge and fast! I once played against Kevin Iro who was a sentsation for a while!!! when I was a kid growing up in the minority nieghbour hood and school I would see similarly amazing athletic prowess on a shoestring budget from the local kids !!! I've also seen this from myself in my glory days too! I guess the point you reminded me of is that there's special people with all kinds of special abilities out there! and it just proves that you don't have to be rich or an expert to achieve great hieghts!! thanks for reminding me of this!

Ahh Rugby...The only reason I am interested in them is because of the All Blacks. Since some of them are Polynesian, I like that team. I believe they are the most dominant in Rugby? I am not sure, but that's just what I heard.

Did you play professional or something? What country did you play for in your days?

And you are welcome, glad I could be of some help

Where did you grow up if you don't mind me asking?

I played Rugby League, I achieved every honour a man could do as an amature! ended up playing for Great Britain againts France then got signed as a pro by Oldham rlfc then went on to London Bronco's, as a pro I spent most of my days in the reserves at Oldham but at London I played a lot of games in the 1st team, I grew up in London, England. I played rugby with John Gallager you might now him from the all blacks? also Andre Stoop from the Springboks? anyway enougth name dropping what about you what rocks your world?

I played Rugby League, I achieved every honour a man could do as an amature! ended up playing for Great Britain againts France then got signed as a pro by Oldham rlfc then went on to London Bronco's, as a pro I spent most of my days in the reserves at Oldham but at London I played a lot of games in the 1st team, I grew up in London, England. I played rugby with John Gallager you might now him from the all blacks? also Andre Stoop from the Springboks? anyway enougth name dropping what about you what rocks your world?

Sorry, I guess I should have said that I don't know a lot about it, but I just like the sport because of the All Blacks.

Wow it sounds like you had a really fun career. I take it that you were born in England? I know that football and rugby is kind of typical in a lot of Europe, so if thats the case then I wouldn't be surprised of you playing Rugby. I have imagined what it would be like to actually play Rugby. It looks like you get damaged really easy since you aint got nothing on. Have you suffered from any bad injuries? How exactly do you even get into amateur and then get ti pro?

What rocks my world? Nothing much. I aint outgoing as much as you. You have a great life!

I was from London and the rugby league wanted to expand the game across the country so they basically took the best players from all over the country and allocated them to certain counties, I played for yorkshire county! and from there I got spotted by a pro club and the rest is history! Yeah I've had some fun times and I'm real lucky to be able to have achieved what I have achieved! Kollision, you can't tell me you don't have a great life from what I see on this board your a legend and your very highly thought of by others because you help so many people in need, that in it self is truly living a great life!!!!!!!! in my life I've seen so many gifted people that were so much better than me at Rugby and they had way better contracts than me but they were jerks that didn't have the respect of others, that to me is not living a life!!!

be proud of how you live your life my friend!!!!!!

I was from London and the rugby league wanted to expand the game across the country so they basically took the best players from all over the country and allocated them to certain counties, I played for yorkshire county! and from there I got spotted by a pro club and the rest is history! Yeah I've had some fun times and I'm real lucky to be able to have achieved what I have achieved! Kollision, you can't tell me you don't have a great life from what I see on this board your a legend and your very highly thought of by others because you help so many people in need, that in it self is truly living a great life!!!!!!!! in my life I've seen so many gifted people that were so much better than me at Rugby and they had way better contracts than me but they were jerks that didn't have the respect of others, that to me is not living a life!!!

be proud of how you live your life my friend!!!!!!

Thanks a lot for the kind words, I appreciate it. I meant as far as going out and having fun, Im kind of a hermit. I just hit the gym, and come home and do my stuff here. Thanks again!

I'm glad to hear that you had fun, I bet it was. I agree with that jerk statement, it's pretty sad.

How many countries have you visited?

I knew what you meant!

I've been to France several times! but only for Rugby! so I have not had the chance to really get to love the people without bias!

I've been to the states several times chicago,NY,Boston,Washinton infact thats how I met my wife!

I started traveling late in life!!

I played rugby with John Gallager you might now him from the all blacks?

he was so shit it was embarrassing to watch.

was it leeds or wigan he went to for a 3mill signing and got dropped from the team before the end of the first season and they paid him extra to leave the club.

Yes sir, it was leeds! the whole thing was that he came with such a reputation as the this legendary all black but then Leeds got rid of him and I actually played against him when Leeds dropped him to the reserves I was playing for Oldham at the time and we wrapped him up even then! he didn't like the rough stuff and I hate to say it but when he came to London and I actually played along side him I discovered he was more interested in self preservation! He lost his heart for the game long before he signed for Leeds and I think he thought it was going to be easy money!

Yes sir, it was leeds! the whole thing was that he came with such a reputation as the this legendary all black but then Leeds got rid of him and I actually played against him when Leeds dropped him to the reserves I was playing for Oldham at the time and we wrapped him up even then! he didn't like the rough stuff and I hate to say it but when he came to London and I actually played along side him I discovered he was more interested in self preservation! He lost his heart for the game long before he signed for Leeds and I think he thought it was going to be easy money!

How are the Maori that are on the team? Also, how's that guy Tana Umaga?