Hey Daywalker and Kollision!

Bigbwii

Hi guys, I'm probably gonna start a HST cycle real soon! I've read that you guys have been doing it! how's it been for you?

Hey there Bigbwii. Good luck on it. Do you have everything down? You need to know percentages in order to do true HST cycle as it requires you to do your 15 rep max on the last day of the first cycle, therefore you need to break it down via percentages each day going back prior to the last day of each cycles.

For example, lets say your 15 rep max for Bench Press is 155. For the first cycle, the 15s, you would do the 155 on the last day of that cycle. You would then need to break it down going back each day prior to that. Hope that made sense.

I do a modified version of HST so it doesn't apply for what I personally do. BTW, who told you I did HST? hehe Good luck!

CollegeB told me! yeah I figured out my numbers I'm looking forward to steady progress! I personaly think that HST is really nothing new it's just backed up with science, I remember doing this type of training as a kid! just not as structured! I'm also looking forward to training 3 times a week!

CollegeB told me! yeah I figured out my numbers I'm looking forward to steady progress! I personaly think that HST is really nothing new it's just backed up with science, I remember doing this type of training as a kid! just not as structured! I'm also looking forward to training 3 times a week!

Haha. Like I said, good luck man!

Hey big boy!

Yeah, i've done the HST classic cycle (slightly customised ) and was impressed with the results. Right now i'm applying the HST principles, but in an individual program.

Personally, i recommend to read the pinciples of HST carefully. Make sure you understand and apply them right. That means, for example:

- 14 days of deconditioning! It's hard, but necessary. In this time, no weights, but you can (and should) do other sorts, cardio, etc.

- 3 days per week is not enough. The HST classic cycle has only 3 days per week, but that's against the HST principles which say that every muscle hast to be worked AT LEAST every 48 hours/every other day!

I did 4-5 sessions per week and was fine. Actually, i felt stronger on days when i had NOT have a rest day before! The only issue with this is, if you're not used to high frequency training, you might get problems with your joints. So maybe every other day (=7 workouts in 2 weeks) is the solution for the first time.

- NO MUSCLE FAILURE! Actually, i think the farer you are from reaching muscle failure, the better. Better do 7reps instead of 10, then wait and do the rest 3, if you can prevent coming close to failure this way but still keep to the total volume, which it is all about in HST.

Have fun! And good luck. You need to figure out how HST fits you. Stay close to the classic the first time, then you know what to change the next time you do the cycle.

Yeah DW I think I got it, I'm gonna start with 3 times then see how I go if I get the urge to train more then I will I only plan on doing one set per body part (it says that if you only do one set you can go to failure) I need to keep my mind at peace so I love the idea of working out 3+ times a week! anyway I'm really looking forward to the progress!

Three times per week to failure? I'm curious for your report.

I couldn't do this for long, but of course, everybody's different.

Where did you read that? It's not HST - failure is not HST. The philosophy of HST is completely different to the HIT / muscle failure philosophy.

Blabla... just lift those weights and watch your progress!

Maybe there'll be a Bigbwii program soon!

Hey Daywalker, did you read the HIT interview I posted to CollgeB!!! read it you'll find that HST and HIT aren't so distant! you will also see that there is a "not to failure HIT program", yeah the HST site says that if your doing one set you can go to failure I can't remember where but I found it by accident I may have found it in the forum section! but it is there! it also says that you should do no more than two sets per exercise!! hope you find it! I Worked out today and I didn't go completely to failure but real close!

Hey Daywalker, did you read the HIT interview I posted to CollgeB!!! read it you'll find that HST and HIT aren't so distant! you will also see that there is a "not to failure HIT program", yeah the HST site says that if your doing one set you can go to failure I can't remember where but I found it by accident I may have found it in the forum section! but it is there! it also says that you should do no more than two sets per exercise!! hope you find it! I Worked out today and I didn't go completely to failure but real close!

The one that you do till failure is the last day of each cycle.

Hey Daywalker, did you read the HIT interview I posted to CollgeB!!!

read it you'll find that HST and HIT aren't so distant!

you will also see that there is a "not to failure HIT program",

yeah the HST site says that if your doing one set you can go to failure I

Hey big boy.

No, didn't read the interview. But HIT and HST are contrary in their principles and philosohy, no matter what someone says about HIT. If his HIT is similar to HST, it's not HIT anymore

"Not-to-failure" simply isn't HIT. Period.

"Set to failure" is not HST. Sometimes ony your last set it may come to failure, but usually it should be avoided (unless clustering with very heavy weights at the end of a cycle).

Of course there are many ways to train, and one can pick the raisins of every system, but the classic HIT and HST programs are VERY different!