Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: my very small milestone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:49 am 
Rabbit

Let me preface this by saying that I like my sleep. I have always liked my sleep. After teaching all week and going to class at night, I can't wait for my sleep in on Saturday mornings.

But something happened this week: for the first time in my life, as in the first time ever, I got out of bed, and went to the gym. At 6:30 in the morning, which is when I am normally curled up in a blanket, blearily reading the morning news, clutching my cup of coffee. And not only did I do this once, but twice. Yesterday AND today.

For many people this is something you just do, especially you morning people out there. I am not one of you and yet I now think I will be joining your morning workout ranks.

Jenn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:58 am 
Elephant

From a non-morning person, I know what an accomplishment this truely is...Yay Jenn! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:41 pm 
Elephant

you mad mad person - mornings are for sleeping! not working out! :wink:

nice work though - i am entirely an afternoon and evening lifter - i have lifted in the morning maybe 5-10 times this year!

jonathan

Repeat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:31 pm 
Elephant

I have tried lifting in the AM....very tired, poor form, can't lift as heavy, a recipe for injury for me. After two weeks of pain and suffering, I realized I am not going to reset my natural clock. Afternoons and eves suit me best also.

Although I must say I can now wake up without the assistance of an alarm and do so the same time each morn (8:15AM), even if I am not working. For me, this is really good.

Post subject: Re: my very small milestone
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:44 pm 
Gorilla

Hey Jenn, congrats on that little milestone. Sometimes the little ones motivate us the most.

I too am not a morning person. My mother is a bright & happy person at 5:30 in the morning. When I was a kid, she would start knocking on my bedroom door at 6:00am. "You're sleeping your life away!" she would say. She didn't find it very funny, when I went into her room one night at 11:30pm, woke her up & said, "You're sleeping your life away!" However, she did stop trying to force me to her circadian rhythm & finally respected that I had my own.