One Arm snatch

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Over40
Rabbit

One Arm snatch

#1 Postby Over40 » Wed May 25, 2005 1:38 pm

I have started adding the one armed dumbell snatch to my workouts. This is a good movement. It seems to build speed, balance and strength. To help facilitate this I have just ordered some Russian Kettle Bells. I have never used this device before and am looking forward to implementing it into my workuot routine.

Yesterday I did 50 push-ups, 50 leg raises,3 sets of squats, 3 sets of bench, 3 sets of lat pull downs, 3 sets of military press, 3 sets of tricep kick backs and then 3 sets of one arm snatches. I was breathing like a bellows when I got done with the one arm snatches. I only allow 30 seconds between sets and 1 - 1 1/2 minutes bewteen exercises.

But, the snatches really seem to put the cap on the workout.

Over40
"Bond dropped to the floor and did 20 slow push-ups until every muscle burned." Ian Fleming

bobbycore
Rabbit

huh?

#2 Postby bobbycore » Wed May 25, 2005 1:46 pm

what, non sexually related, is a snatch?

Over40
Rabbit

Re: huh?

#3 Postby Over40 » Wed May 25, 2005 2:51 pm

bobbycore wrote:what, non sexually related, is a snatch?

No, not in this case. Although, when a student asked me recently what exercises I was doing I mentioned the "one armed snatch" without thinking much about it.

That moment in time was worth a few days of snickers and giggles.

Jon
"Bond dropped to the floor and did 20 slow push-ups until every muscle burned." Ian Fleming

robert
Site Admin

#4 Postby robert » Sat May 28, 2005 1:53 am

Hey Jon,

Have you heard of Mike Mahler? I have a profile featuring him on the main site www.veganbodybuilding.com under the bodybuilding section.

I believe his website is www.mikemahler.com. He is a vegan strength coach and the #1 Kettle Bell instructor in the US I believe.

He's a cool guy, you should check out his website. If you e-mail him, tell him Robert Cheeke sent you :wink:

I've never used them but they seem like a great way to train.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Over40
Rabbit

Mahler

#5 Postby Over40 » Tue May 31, 2005 9:22 am

Hey Robert,

I checked out Mahler's site. He looks to have quite a ibt of very useful ideas, and training regimens. I can't wait for my kettlebell to get to the house.

Hopefully today.

Jon

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”