Going Fruitarian

Bigbwii

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just eat fruits and nothing else! I really enjoy it but the hardest part for me is the cleaning out! how about you!

I was asking what types of fruits. Like, do you just have a couple bananas for lunch or what? I'd have to eat a ton of fruit in order to feel like I had a decent meal and to get enough calories.

Oh Sorry I eat all different types of fruit for all different types of reasons! when I first started Fruitarianism I ate a bunch of fruit because I was so conditioned to feeling bloated and I needed that heavy feeling I got from cooked food, but as time goes by things get better and you eat much much less! it's all about time! if you can weather the storm things get so much better!

Oh Sorry I eat all different types of fruit for all different types of reasons! when I first started Fruitarianism I ate a bunch of fruit because I was so conditioned to feeling bloated and I needed that heavy feeling I got from cooked food, but as time goes by things get better and you eat much much less! it's all about time! if you can weather the storm things get so much better!

It seems to me that would just be acclimating yourself to starvation. I can see why fruitarians drop so much weight. Can you really take in enough calories to maintain a proper physical state on that kind of diet? Granted, you did look like you were in pretty top shape in your pics, but I'm walking around at close to 230lbs here, and while I've been curious about a fruitarian diet, somehow I doubt I would stay very healthy on it. Is it even possible to take in 2-3000 calories a day in fruit alone?

Your success depends on how open your mind is! I learnt that I had to throw every thing I knew about modern day nutrition out of the window! to go raw is a personal choice only you can make and only you can experience! one other thing is that a lot of things have to be undone before you can even think of getting to your natural state. DayWalker posted a thread about all this I recommend you look for it as it has a piece of my journal in it, I can't remember where the post is but there's a bunch a info in it!!!!

Kollision, Thanks man! I guess that it does make a raw vegan It's going to be real tough because I'm really going against the grain this time!

Willpeavy, fruitarianism is personal to each individual and I know for a fact that I'm very much a purist, but here goes, a true fruitarian is someone that eats only fruits, raw nuts/seeds, now some people will stretch the definition so they don't have to give up certain foods! The idea is that fruits are the true foods designed for humans to eat! and that is usually the main reason to go fruitarian, plus it's good for the plant because it's not being killed and it's having it's seeds spread all over. Fruitarianism is like the black sheep of the family it's surrounded by fear and skepticism because there's no 200 hundred year old pioneer leader showing the way! plus peolpe tend to not like it because a lot of fruitarians act holyier than thou! the truth is that fruitarianism is extremely hard in the beginning and a lot of people want to do it but don't get past the initial stages but if you can weather the storm you will discover things you have never seen/felt before personal to you! it's like the Matrix you realise that everything you thought you knew was a lie! Check this out: www.fruitarian.com

If something is naturally meant to be eaten by humans, then theoretically that food should be appealing to us in an raw, unprocessed state. No other animal that I know of cooks food or does anything before eating besides maybe rinsing food in a river, so why should humans? If a food item requires extensive cooking, seasoning, or other disguising in order to be palatable, we should maybe question its importance in our diet.

I tried going raw for about a week and a half. During that time, most of what I ate was actually fruit, just because few vegetables and other foods were very enjoyable raw. (I stopped mostly because the cleansing put too much stress on my body, I'll try again when I'm less toxic)

So, fruitarianism makes perfect sense to me. As I read that fruitarian site, it's making even more sense. The environmental aspects are especially interesting.

Bigbwii, what do you eat in an average day, as a fruitarian? Do you buy fruits at a grocery store, or have you found fruits growing locally?

Thanks a lot Big. I have been thinking of going Raw for reasons such as the packaging of the food that goes to waste. I recycle the paper containers, but I can't do so for plastic containers and wrapping. Good points you made!

Bigbwii, what do you eat in an average day, as a fruitarian? Do you buy fruits at a grocery store, or have you found fruits growing locally?

My problem is with expenses. Would this diet be more expensive or no?

My problem is with expenses. Would this diet be more expensive or no?

It seems like it would be at first. Fresh fruit is hardly cheap. I imagine that if that's all you're purchasing though, the expense would balance out.

If any ones gonna go raw please wean yourself off of cooked food gradually then the detox won't be as bad! if you can handle the detox then cold turkey is at your own risk! getting off cooked food is just like getting off drugs DO NOT TAKE IT LIGHTLY!!!

I get fruits anyway I can get them! sometimes shops sell or give away fruits cheap because people won't buy ripe fruits! if you can just eat when your hungry then it won't be as costly!

in an average day it really depends on the season and what my body needs at the time! but I always strive to eat when hungry!

Ok! 1st of Dec I go raw, I'm also changing my routine so I can continue to workout 3x a week on my own! I'm sticking to HST and my program looks like this!

Dips

Chin-ups

Dead lifts

Working out is going to be real important and it's going to be vital that I be consistant no matter what.

All the best Big on your journey with fruits. I admire you for that. I've only known one other fruitarian. Well, actually it was one of my friend's friends so I didn't know them, just knew of them. He had tons of energy and felt great.

Fruit is my absolute favorite thing to eat and I think it's the best food source, even better than green vegetables. Fruit is fantastic!

Keep us updated on how things go.

It would be interested to see a nutrition log because I know lots of people would be curious to know what you eat throughout the day.

-Rob

Thanks Rob, I'm currently winding down I'm drinking more water than solids, it should be easy because my bodies been calling for this for sometime! I really do feel much better on fruits but I've learned that you have to be aware of all the pro's and con's to really survive well on it! When I go fruitarian I go 100% to me there's no other way, if anyone is interested they can go to my journal for info Thanks for your best wishes guys!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, Rob thanks again for your help!!!

There's protien in all fruits and veggies, it's just not in as as concentrated amounts as cooked food! as for fats, your body will tell you when it needs fats, I'll usually get a craving for a fatty fruit such as an avocado

Remember when approaching Fruitarianism be prepared to throw everything you think you know out of the window!