Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bulking/fat
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:36 am 
Manatee

I am currently trying to bulk. I am just eating a lot of crips, about 0.44lbs every day. I have now gained 4.4lbs in 2 months, I guess my gains consist of muscle and fat.
I am currently measuring my bodyfat percentage with an electric weighing scale, but I don't think that is accurate. It says I am 15% fat, but it also said that when I was lighter. Also you have to tell the weightscale your age, and my fat percentage is different when I put in a different age.
So this way of measuring fat isn't completely accurate. Does anyone know of a way to measure fat accurately?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:47 am 
Gorilla

Hi.

What are crips? Crisps?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:26 am 
Elephant

There really isn't a great easy way to measure fat. Those electronic units like you've got are usually within 2-3%. I usually just watch my body. When you bulk you'll probably gain some fat. Maybe watch your close fit as well.

I'm guessing you're eating chips?

Maybe not?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:50 pm 
Rabbit

Yes, crisps are the English way of saying chips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:42 am 
Manatee

Yes, I meant crisps. Or potatoe chips. Also, bulking is still going nicely. Strengt gaining isn't going that good, but I like mass better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:45 am 
Manatee

Also, the paprika potatoe chips I am eating contain yeast extract. Yeast extract contains b12 right? Or is it a special kind of yeast that contains b12, or is used to make b12?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:38 am 
Site Admin

I thought maybe you were talking about eating people who have physical disabilities, which wouldn't have been very nice of you!

Yeah, I think yeast extract is a good source of B12, but they don't call me Captain Biggie Twell

Post subject: Re: Bulking/fat
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:48 am 
Manatee

Gym hater wrote:
I am currently trying to bulk. I am just eating a lot of crips, about 0.44lbs every day. I have now gained 4.4lbs in 2 months, I guess my gains consist of muscle and fat.
I am currently measuring my bodyfat percentage with an electric weighing scale, but I don't think that is accurate. It says I am 15% fat, but it also said that when I was lighter. Also you have to tell the weightscale your age, and my fat percentage is different when I put in a different age.
So this way of measuring fat isn't completely accurate. Does anyone know of a way to measure fat accurately?

electronic bodyfat scales are worthliss. you need a bodyfat calliper test to get accurate results.

you have the wrong idea about bulking. you souldn't be eating junk food as that will just make you fat. you need to be eating oatmeal, peanutbutter, protein shakes, tons of soymilk and whole grains. potato chips aren't going to put on muslce.

also, you if you are bulking correctly, you are going to get a little fat. thats just how it is. get up to a size you want and then you can do some cutting and get you bodyfat down to where you want it. the least productive thing you could do is try and lose a pound after gaining two.

Post subject: Re: Bulking/fat
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:12 am 
Gorilla

wannalift wrote:
Gym hater wrote:

electronic bodyfat scales are worthliss. you need a bodyfat calliper test to get accurate results.

you have the wrong idea about bulking. you souldn't be eating junk food as that will just make you fat. you need to be eating oatmeal, peanutbutter, protein shakes, tons of soymilk and whole grains. potato chips aren't going to put on muslce.

also, you if you are bulking correctly, you are going to get a little fat. thats just how it is. get up to a size you want and then you can do some cutting and get you bodyfat down to where you want it. the least productive thing you could do is try and lose a pound after gaining two.

I thought the only truly accurate way was the displacement/hydrostatic weighing?