Bulking/fat

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Gym hater
Manatee

Bulking/fat

#1 Postby Gym hater » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:36 am

I am currently trying to bulk. I am just eating a lot of crips, about 0.44lbs every day. I have now gained 4.4lbs in 2 months, I guess my gains consist of muscle and fat.
I am currently measuring my bodyfat percentage with an electric weighing scale, but I don't think that is accurate. It says I am 15% fat, but it also said that when I was lighter. Also you have to tell the weightscale your age, and my fat percentage is different when I put in a different age.
So this way of measuring fat isn't completely accurate. Does anyone know of a way to measure fat accurately?

Gorilla
Gorilla

#2 Postby Gorilla » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:47 am

Hi.

What are crips? Crisps?

Aaron
Elephant

#3 Postby Aaron » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:26 am

There really isn't a great easy way to measure fat. Those electronic units like you've got are usually within 2-3%. I usually just watch my body. When you bulk you'll probably gain some fat. Maybe watch your close fit as well.

I'm guessing you're eating chips?

Maybe not?

AllIveEverTouched
Rabbit

#4 Postby AllIveEverTouched » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:50 pm

Yes, crisps are the English way of saying chips.

Gym hater
Manatee

#5 Postby Gym hater » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:42 am

Yes, I meant crisps. Or potatoe chips. Also, bulking is still going nicely. Strengt gaining isn't going that good, but I like mass better.

Gym hater
Manatee

#6 Postby Gym hater » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:45 am

Also, the paprika potatoe chips I am eating contain yeast extract. Yeast extract contains b12 right? Or is it a special kind of yeast that contains b12, or is used to make b12?

Richard
Site Admin

#7 Postby Richard » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:38 am

I thought maybe you were talking about eating people who have physical disabilities, which wouldn't have been very nice of you!

Yeah, I think yeast extract is a good source of B12, but they don't call me Captain Biggie Twell

wannalift
Manatee

Re: Bulking/fat

#8 Postby wannalift » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:48 am

Gym hater wrote:I am currently trying to bulk. I am just eating a lot of crips, about 0.44lbs every day. I have now gained 4.4lbs in 2 months, I guess my gains consist of muscle and fat.
I am currently measuring my bodyfat percentage with an electric weighing scale, but I don't think that is accurate. It says I am 15% fat, but it also said that when I was lighter. Also you have to tell the weightscale your age, and my fat percentage is different when I put in a different age.
So this way of measuring fat isn't completely accurate. Does anyone know of a way to measure fat accurately?

electronic bodyfat scales are worthliss. you need a bodyfat calliper test to get accurate results.

you have the wrong idea about bulking. you souldn't be eating junk food as that will just make you fat. you need to be eating oatmeal, peanutbutter, protein shakes, tons of soymilk and whole grains. potato chips aren't going to put on muslce.

also, you if you are bulking correctly, you are going to get a little fat. thats just how it is. get up to a size you want and then you can do some cutting and get you bodyfat down to where you want it. the least productive thing you could do is try and lose a pound after gaining two.

sinisterkungfu
Gorilla

Re: Bulking/fat

#9 Postby sinisterkungfu » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:12 am

wannalift wrote:
Gym hater wrote:I am currently trying to bulk. I am just eating a lot of crips, about 0.44lbs every day. I have now gained 4.4lbs in 2 months, I guess my gains consist of muscle and fat.

electronic bodyfat scales are worthliss. you need a bodyfat calliper test to get accurate results.

you have the wrong idea about bulking. you souldn't be eating junk food as that will just make you fat. you need to be eating oatmeal, peanutbutter, protein shakes, tons of soymilk and whole grains. potato chips aren't going to put on muslce.

also, you if you are bulking correctly, you are going to get a little fat. thats just how it is. get up to a size you want and then you can do some cutting and get you bodyfat down to where you want it. the least productive thing you could do is try and lose a pound after gaining two.

I thought the only truly accurate way was the displacement/hydrostatic weighing?

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”