Bulking/fat

I am currently trying to bulk. I am just eating a lot of crips, about 0.44lbs every day. I have now gained 4.4lbs in 2 months, I guess my gains consist of muscle and fat.

I am currently measuring my bodyfat percentage with an electric weighing scale, but I don't think that is accurate. It says I am 15% fat, but it also said that when I was lighter. Also you have to tell the weightscale your age, and my fat percentage is different when I put in a different age.

So this way of measuring fat isn't completely accurate. Does anyone know of a way to measure fat accurately?

• 4 weeks later...

There really isn't a great easy way to measure fat. Those electronic units like you've got are usually within 2-3%. I usually just watch my body. When you bulk you'll probably gain some fat. Maybe watch your close fit as well.

I'm guessing you're eating chips?

Maybe not?

I am currently trying to bulk. I am just eating a lot of crips, about 0.44lbs every day. I have now gained 4.4lbs in 2 months, I guess my gains consist of muscle and fat.

I am currently measuring my bodyfat percentage with an electric weighing scale, but I don't think that is accurate. It says I am 15% fat, but it also said that when I was lighter. Also you have to tell the weightscale your age, and my fat percentage is different when I put in a different age.

So this way of measuring fat isn't completely accurate. Does anyone know of a way to measure fat accurately?

electronic bodyfat scales are worthliss. you need a bodyfat calliper test to get accurate results.

you have the wrong idea about bulking. you souldn't be eating junk food as that will just make you fat. you need to be eating oatmeal, peanutbutter, protein shakes, tons of soymilk and whole grains. potato chips aren't going to put on muslce.

also, you if you are bulking correctly, you are going to get a little fat. thats just how it is. get up to a size you want and then you can do some cutting and get you bodyfat down to where you want it. the least productive thing you could do is try and lose a pound after gaining two.

electronic bodyfat scales are worthliss. you need a bodyfat calliper test to get accurate results.

you have the wrong idea about bulking. you souldn't be eating junk food as that will just make you fat. you need to be eating oatmeal, peanutbutter, protein shakes, tons of soymilk and whole grains. potato chips aren't going to put on muslce.

also, you if you are bulking correctly, you are going to get a little fat. thats just how it is. get up to a size you want and then you can do some cutting and get you bodyfat down to where you want it. the least productive thing you could do is try and lose a pound after gaining two.

I thought the only truly accurate way was the displacement/hydrostatic weighing?