Daytime vs. Nighttime workouts

hey! i am getting ready to start lifting again and get into some workout routines. i have been slacking off due to holidays and a new job i started, plus the problems i had with my car. anyways, i'm getting ready to attack so i can be in good shape come spring and summer. this is the first time i will have help from fellow vegans and vegetarians. so i will be asking a quite a few questions in the upcoming weeks, hope you don't mind. question #1:

do you think time of day you workout influences your gains. i have always tried to work out in the morning so i can feed my muscles the rest of the entire day. but i got a new job recently and i may be forced to workout in the evenings if i cannot change my schedule. so late, that i may only be able to have one meal and a shake before i have to go to bed in time for a good nights sleep. do you think this will hinder my improvement? i don't like the idea of only having one meal after i workout to hold me over for 8 hours of sleep. or would one good meal and a protien smoothie/shake be good enough until breakfast the next day?

what do you guys think?

I'd have a post workout meal right away with protein and carbs, then another small protein/carb meal in 2 hours or so, before bed. Eating late at night if you've worked out or just trained is important. As long as you eat enough throughout the day I think it will be fine to train as you just proposed!

thanks for those replies. it's good to know that these things.

they may or may not change my schedule at work after the new year. but even if they don't, it's good to know i can still get results if i am forced to workout at night. in the meantime i am developing my master plan for a body transformation