Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: A Waste of 5-6 years???
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:46 am 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 3:26 pm
Posts: 122
Location: The Mountains
About 5 or 6 years ago I got into High Intensity Training.

I read everything I could get my hands on by Ellington Darden, Mike Mentzer, Dr. Douglas McGuff, Arthur Jones, Ken Hutchins, Aaron Zickerman, etc.

I did Heavy Duty, SuperSlow, Power of Ten, traditional Nautilus workouts, etc.

In January I started the Power of Ten/Slow Burn workouts. Once a week, for 20 minutes.

I did get stronger, but my physique started to look like I was 41 (whatever that means). So, to fight the fat I began Airdyning. Nothing.

About 6 weeks ago I layed down the HIT training. I went back to more traditional workouts, and am slowly adding movements, sets and reps to each workout. I am feeling better then I have in a long time. I am starting to look better then I have in a long time (not that I was a fat slob or anything).

I am doing no cardio what-so-ever. I am lifting 3 days a week, trying to cut out the unnecessary sugar from my diet, and stronger then I have been in a long time.

A few goals are to do 100 straight push ups again. I did 50 last week on a bet with my health class. The little farts were pretty impressed when the old man dropped and did 50 straight without stopping. I would also like to do 500 straight hindu squats, and get up to 20 pull-ups.

At the end of summer, when school begins again, I'll post some photos. It gives me something to work toward.

Anyway, have excellent workouts today.

Jon

_________________
"Bond dropped to the floor and did 20 slow push-ups until every muscle burned." Ian Fleming


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Waste of 5-6 years???
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:47 pm 
Offline
Elephant

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Posts: 1448
Over40 wrote:
About 5 or 6 years ago I got into High Intensity Training.

I read everything I could get my hands on by Ellington Darden, Mike Mentzer, Dr. Douglas McGuff, Arthur Jones, Ken Hutchins, Aaron Zickerman, etc.

I did Heavy Duty, SuperSlow, Power of Ten, traditional Nautilus workouts, etc.

In January I started the Power of Ten/Slow Burn workouts. Once a week, for 20 minutes.

I did get stronger, but my physique started to look like I was 41 (whatever that means). So, to fight the fat I began Airdyning. Nothing.

About 6 weeks ago I layed down the HIT training. I went back to more traditional workouts, and am slowly adding movements, sets and reps to each workout. I am feeling better then I have in a long time. I am starting to look better then I have in a long time (not that I was a fat slob or anything).

I am doing no cardio what-so-ever. I am lifting 3 days a week, trying to cut out the unnecessary sugar from my diet, and stronger then I have been in a long time.

A few goals are to do 100 straight push ups again. I did 50 last week on a bet with my health class. The little farts were pretty impressed when the old man dropped and did 50 straight without stopping. I would also like to do 500 straight hindu squats, and get up to 20 pull-ups.

At the end of summer, when school begins again, I'll post some photos. It gives me something to work toward.

Anyway, have excellent workouts today.

Jon


Its not a waste, but its just not for me. I like hitting the gym most of the week and HIT is too short for me. It may work (as I have never tried) but there are gains you will get because you are lifting. Good luck on your goals, 50 pushups and your age? Whooo thats really good. The pullups are pretty hard too, but you are almost there. Have no idea what hindu squats are, but good luck :P


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:53 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Posts: 1810
Location: florida
What's the "Ten/Slow Burn" workout like? I just did a google search for it, and I didn't find anything.

I like HIT, because it seems to work well for me, but I also like experimenting around with new stuff.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:17 pm 
Offline
Elephant

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Posts: 1448
willpeavy wrote:
What's the "Ten/Slow Burn" workout like? I just did a google search for it, and I didn't find anything.

I like HIT, because it seems to work well for me, but I also like experimenting around with new stuff.


Im only guessing, but its when you do ten reps slowly which causes a lactic acid build up?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:14 pm 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 12:06 am
Posts: 33
Location: Salem
kollision wrote:
willpeavy wrote:
What's the "Ten/Slow Burn" workout like? I just did a google search for it, and I didn't find anything.

I like HIT, because it seems to work well for me, but I also like experimenting around with new stuff.


Im only guessing, but its when you do ten reps slowly which causes a lactic acid build up?



Is a lactic acid build up good or bad?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:20 pm 
Offline
Elephant

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Posts: 1448
RileyG wrote:
kollision wrote:
willpeavy wrote:
What's the "Ten/Slow Burn" workout like? I just did a google search for it, and I didn't find anything.

I like HIT, because it seems to work well for me, but I also like experimenting around with new stuff.


Im only guessing, but its when you do ten reps slowly which causes a lactic acid build up?



Is a lactic acid build up good or bad?


Its is the soreness you feel when you workout, the burning sensation in the muscle, the muscle fatigue.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:25 pm 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 12:06 am
Posts: 33
Location: Salem
kollision wrote:
RileyG wrote:
kollision wrote:
willpeavy wrote:
What's the "Ten/Slow Burn" workout like? I just did a google search for it, and I didn't find anything.

I like HIT, because it seems to work well for me, but I also like experimenting around with new stuff.


Im only guessing, but its when you do ten reps slowly which causes a lactic acid build up?



Is a lactic acid build up good or bad?


Its is the soreness you feel when you workout, the burning sensation in the muscle, the muscle fatigue.


But, is that the sign of a good workout or not?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:57 pm 
Offline
Elephant

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Posts: 1448
RileyG wrote:
kollision wrote:
RileyG wrote:
kollision wrote:
willpeavy wrote:
What's the "Ten/Slow Burn" workout like? I just did a google search for it, and I didn't find anything.

I like HIT, because it seems to work well for me, but I also like experimenting around with new stuff.


Im only guessing, but its when you do ten reps slowly which causes a lactic acid build up?



Is a lactic acid build up good or bad?


Its is the soreness you feel when you workout, the burning sensation in the muscle, the muscle fatigue.


But, is that the sign of a good workout or not?


It means that you are really stressing that area. Most likely its a good sign.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Waste of 5-6 years???
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:34 am 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Posts: 172
Location: Louisville, KY
Over40 wrote:
About 5 or 6 years ago I got into High Intensity Training.

I read everything I could get my hands on by Ellington Darden, Mike Mentzer, Dr. Douglas McGuff, Arthur Jones, Ken Hutchins, Aaron Zickerman, etc.

I did Heavy Duty, SuperSlow, Power of Ten, traditional Nautilus workouts, etc.

In January I started the Power of Ten/Slow Burn workouts. Once a week, for 20 minutes.

I did get stronger, but my physique started to look like I was 41 (whatever that means). So, to fight the fat I began Airdyning. Nothing.

About 6 weeks ago I layed down the HIT training. I went back to more traditional workouts, and am slowly adding movements, sets and reps to each workout. I am feeling better then I have in a long time. I am starting to look better then I have in a long time (not that I was a fat slob or anything).

I am doing no cardio what-so-ever. I am lifting 3 days a week, trying to cut out the unnecessary sugar from my diet, and stronger then I have been in a long time.

A few goals are to do 100 straight push ups again. I did 50 last week on a bet with my health class. The little farts were pretty impressed when the old man dropped and did 50 straight without stopping. I would also like to do 500 straight hindu squats, and get up to 20 pull-ups.

At the end of summer, when school begins again, I'll post some photos. It gives me something to work toward.

Anyway, have excellent workouts today.

Jon


I think that it is only a waste if you did not learn anything from it. If you come out of this being able to do 100 push ups then I applaud you. Not many 20 year olds can even do that and to do that at 41 is great!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:52 pm 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 3:26 pm
Posts: 122
Location: The Mountains
For Superlsow, Power of 10 see, www.superslowzone.com , www.power-of-10.com and www.ultimate-exercise.com.

I guess I got carried away. HIT is fine, and I did enjoy the workouts, I'm just starting to re-learn to enjoy the longer volume workouts again.

Jon

_________________
"Bond dropped to the floor and did 20 slow push-ups until every muscle burned." Ian Fleming


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS } Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group