A Waste of 5-6 years???

About 5 or 6 years ago I got into High Intensity Training.

I read everything I could get my hands on by Ellington Darden, Mike Mentzer, Dr. Douglas McGuff, Arthur Jones, Ken Hutchins, Aaron Zickerman, etc.

I did Heavy Duty, SuperSlow, Power of Ten, traditional Nautilus workouts, etc.

In January I started the Power of Ten/Slow Burn workouts. Once a week, for 20 minutes.

I did get stronger, but my physique started to look like I was 41 (whatever that means). So, to fight the fat I began Airdyning. Nothing.

About 6 weeks ago I layed down the HIT training. I went back to more traditional workouts, and am slowly adding movements, sets and reps to each workout. I am feeling better then I have in a long time. I am starting to look better then I have in a long time (not that I was a fat slob or anything).

I am doing no cardio what-so-ever. I am lifting 3 days a week, trying to cut out the unnecessary sugar from my diet, and stronger then I have been in a long time.

A few goals are to do 100 straight push ups again. I did 50 last week on a bet with my health class. The little farts were pretty impressed when the old man dropped and did 50 straight without stopping. I would also like to do 500 straight hindu squats, and get up to 20 pull-ups.

At the end of summer, when school begins again, I'll post some photos. It gives me something to work toward.

Anyway, have excellent workouts today.

Jon

I read everything I could get my hands on by Ellington Darden, Mike Mentzer, Dr. Douglas McGuff, Arthur Jones, Ken Hutchins, Aaron Zickerman, etc.

In January I started the Power of Ten/Slow Burn workouts. Once a week, for 20 minutes.

I did get stronger, but my physique started to look like I was 41 (whatever that means). So, to fight the fat I began Airdyning. Nothing.

About 6 weeks ago I layed down the HIT training. I went back to more traditional workouts, and am slowly adding movements, sets and reps to each workout. I am feeling better then I have in a long time. I am starting to look better then I have in a long time (not that I was a fat slob or anything).

I am doing no cardio what-so-ever. I am lifting 3 days a week, trying to cut out the unnecessary sugar from my diet, and stronger then I have been in a long time.

A few goals are to do 100 straight push ups again. I did 50 last week on a bet with my health class. The little farts were pretty impressed when the old man dropped and did 50 straight without stopping. I would also like to do 500 straight hindu squats, and get up to 20 pull-ups.

At the end of summer, when school begins again, I'll post some photos. It gives me something to work toward.

Jon

Its not a waste, but its just not for me. I like hitting the gym most of the week and HIT is too short for me. It may work (as I have never tried) but there are gains you will get because you are lifting. Good luck on your goals, 50 pushups and your age? Whooo thats really good. The pullups are pretty hard too, but you are almost there. Have no idea what hindu squats are, but good luck

What's the "Ten/Slow Burn" workout like? I just did a google search for it, and I didn't find anything.

I like HIT, because it seems to work well for me, but I also like experimenting around with new stuff.

Im only guessing, but its when you do ten reps slowly which causes a lactic acid build up?

What's the "Ten/Slow Burn" workout like? I just did a google search for it, and I didn't find anything.

I like HIT, because it seems to work well for me, but I also like experimenting around with new stuff.

Im only guessing, but its when you do ten reps slowly which causes a lactic acid build up?

Is a lactic acid build up good or bad?

Its is the soreness you feel when you workout, the burning sensation in the muscle, the muscle fatigue.

Its is the soreness you feel when you workout, the burning sensation in the muscle, the muscle fatigue.

But, is that the sign of a good workout or not?

But, is that the sign of a good workout or not?

It means that you are really stressing that area. Most likely its a good sign.

Jon

I think that it is only a waste if you did not learn anything from it. If you come out of this being able to do 100 push ups then I applaud you. Not many 20 year olds can even do that and to do that at 41 is great!