Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Overtraining
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:50 pm 
Gorilla

Hi all,

Every now and then i flick though some BB videos on youtube, and one thing that seems to be being promoted I've noticed (by drug users), is this ridiculous notion that one cannot overtraining, that overtraining is somehow a myth, these same individuals say their workouts are "brutal" and last for up to 3 hours...

This is the kinda of thing am talking about....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnNoeuRVpIo

Lee doesn't seem to understand the S.A.I.D principle, and that bodybuilding is not an endurance sport/activity, it makes me laugh when he says "anyone who train's for only 45 minutes looks like shit", Dorian Yates must have slipped his memory lol. I also cant help but think that is it any wonder Lee's workouts last so long if he stands talking shit for 6-7 minutes between sets.

You'd almost get the impression that this video of Dorian was in response to Lee's comments...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-skecaaWfEU

But i feel MM sums it up best here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmJEZmFN1iM

I recall MM telling me this around the same time the above video was made, "overtraining isn't something kinda, sorta negative, its the biggest fucking mistake you can make".

Best
Rob

Post subject: Re: Overtraining
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:57 pm 
VBB Moderator

Good stuff Rob. Thanks for sharing. I see this kinda shit all the time. Besides it not being the most effective way to train, its brutal on the body. I think another thing bodybuilders often forget is keeping risk of injury levels in mind. Regardless of your progress an injury can set you back huge lengths of time if not permanently.

Post subject: Re: Overtraining
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:15 pm 
Gorilla

C.O. wrote:
Good stuff Rob. Thanks for sharing. I see this kinda shit all the time. Besides it not being the most effective way to train, its brutal on the body. I think another thing bodybuilders often forget is keeping risk of injury levels in mind. Regardless of your progress an injury can set you back huge lengths of time if not permanently.

Very true, the wear and tear element with high volume / frequency training is something people only realize when there a bit older, i want my muscles and bones to get thicker, denser and stronger, but at the same time, not at the expense of my joints and connective tissues.