muscle training question

muhaha

ok, i've been training for some time and i do 3 sets of each workout and each set i do 60-70% of my max

now i'm eating as well, but sometimes i feel like my muscles are still weak from last time's workout although there's been one day of rest already

so what do i do? do i workout anyway? or do i rest until it's fully recharged?

when the muscles still weak and i work it, i feel like it gets weaker each time and my foods are replenishing as fast

thx

but would it delay the recharging if you work a different muscle? or do you have to rest until you know you're 100% ok?

Opinions vary a lot on this. I'd say it won't delay the recharging, others though would disagree. Many would feel it depends on the exercise also. High intensity squats and deadlifts some people feel require lots of days of total rest.

ok, i've been training for some time and i do 3 sets of each workout and each set i do 60-70% of my max

3 sets each exercise? How many exercises, what muscle groups per workout? A split program or whole body?

What do you mean 60-70%? Of your 1 rep max weight? And then reps to failure? Or 60-70% of the reps you could do with a weight?

now i'm eating as well, but sometimes i feel like my muscles are still weak from last time's workout although there's been one day of rest already

What's your workout schedule?

Basketball shouldn't hinder your recovery.

• 4 weeks later...
curls max is about 11

i do three sets of 6 each

triceps max is about 13-15

i do three sets of 9

dumbell pec press max no idea

i do three sets of 16

that's basically it

how often are you training? what is your carb/protein intake in grams? if you are bulking don't be afraid to pound the protein shakes and complex carbs - your body needs more than you might think to fully recover. if you are tired and you know you are getting enough sleep, look at your diet. if you are wiped out after 9 sets, there is a problem, even if you are playing bball for 45 min. you're right, you shouldn't be tired after that, unless you are going heavy on a daily basis. also, i would go heavier on the db presses. if you can hit 16 on your third set, that is not enough weight. aim for 6-10, that is after you get your diet straightened out. I see this all the time and I've been there that's why I don't want to see anyone get discouraged and decide the training is too much, you can be vegan and have vibrant energy and abundant strength, you've just got to dial it in. if you are tired your body is telling you something - figure out what that is and deal with it, don't simply accept it as normal for your lifestyle.