Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: this might sound like a weird question...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:31 pm 
Finch

since i have begun working out my chest has gotten significatly bigger (which is a good thing) but my nipples and area around them don't seem tight enough. and when i wear certain shirts it appears as if i have man boobs :oops:

is there an exercise to tighten this up? my usual routine is incline bench press, decline bench press, dumbell flys, flat dumbell press, and sometimes i use the cable machine from underneath.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:43 pm 
Rabbit

I would say that you should isolate your upper chest more, try incline fly's and overhead dumbell pull-overs.

incline chest is simple....just like a flat fly only on the incline bench

overhead dumbell pull-overs....grab a dumbell and a flat bench. Do not lay on the bench the length of the bench but rather place your shoulder blades across the bench(you and the bench should be making a big cross). grab the dumbell with both hands and put it directly above your head. Now allow your arms to go backwards back behind your head. (IMPORTANT: Stretch from the chest and not from the shoulder and pull from the chest and not the shoulder) When you can feel that the dumbell is level with your head, without bending your elbows too much, bring the dumbell back to the position over your face. Be careful not to drop it on your nose.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:16 pm 
Elephant

His problem is on the lower chest so inclines wont help that area.

David, have you ever had a check up with a doctor regarding that area? Is it really flabby? If so, I think you have gynocamastia.

As for exercise, you can do lateral raises but when you come down towards the chest, tighten it on the bottom. Dont focus on the shoulder, but on the chest when contracting on the negative of the lateral raise. It will flex the bottom chest really hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:17 pm 
Finch

no its not extremely flabby, as a matter of fact when i'm cold that area is completly tight. so i was just looking for a way to tone it up that little bit more. i'll try the lateral raises as well thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:31 pm 
Elephant

What about doing dips?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:35 pm 
Elephant

Dips are good to target the inner part of the chest. When you do dips, angle yourself so that the legs are not exactly parallel (when you fold your knees) and to where your chest is not parallel with the pad in front. This will target your chest. If you do it straight however, it will target the triceps.

Post subject: hey david
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:25 pm 
Elephant

Man you are not the only one who has that kind of problem. I'm goin to have to try some of the things people suggested. I've been doing 30 mins of cardio every day as well, and trying to limit my fat/ increase protein intake. Good luck. So Kollision if the lower chest is the issue then would decline bench press be effective? I have done them for quite some time and have stopped b/c I didnt feel they were helping any.

Post subject: Re: hey david
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:02 pm 
Elephant

CollegeB wrote:
Man you are not the only one who has that kind of problem. I'm goin to have to try some of the things people suggested. I've been doing 30 mins of cardio every day as well, and trying to limit my fat/ increase protein intake. Good luck. So Kollision if the lower chest is the issue then would decline bench press be effective? I have done them for quite some time and have stopped b/c I didnt feel they were helping any.

Decline will develop the chest yes, but wont burn the fat around it. Like I mentioned in another thread, sooner or later the muscle will mask the fat, meaning it will become big and it will be hard to tell, but the fat will still be there. The decline bench press is a bit tricky. First off. you need to do it by putting your arms a bit foward. Go down 90 degrees, then on the way up, squeeze the chest together. You should feel the bottom chest tighten. This is how you should do the decline press.

Post subject: decline
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:27 pm 
Elephant

well i'll start working it into my routine. I never did anything specific with it like you are mentioning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:50 pm 
Elephant

Yup. Every chest exercise you do, on your way up, squeeze and contract.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:02 am 
Finch

yea man sounds like gyno. if loosing the fat in that area throguh lower chest training, diet , and cardio doesn't get rid of it, you might want to try a product called 6 oxo, or nolvadex, both are anti-estrogens and should help with your problem.
peace