Fat

xlucasx

Alright, I might be going against the grain here, but out on a limb.

When I started training I wanted to gain muscleweight but also I wanted to fill out my body and gain some weight altogether. Now, I've been at it for a good few months and I must say, in terms of muscle results are starting to show, I'm very glad about that. However, I went from skin 'n bones to skin, bones and muscle. I haven't increased in bodyweight (strictly speaking I was underweight and still am, however, I have been for as long as I can remember, be it in my days of omnivore, vegetarian or vegan). My metabolism works with the speed of light, I know, and also, it might be the curse of veganism preventing you from taking in fat a whole lot. But, as opposed to everyone trying to work out to lose weight, I would like to gain some. I don't know if that's possible? Or actually a healthy goal? I'd like to have just enough fat for the space created between my growing muscles to be filled up nicely. Right now actually the increase in muscle makes you look even more thin because the muscle makes the lack of fat stand out more.

So the question is: how do I gain weight? As a vegan, how can you make sure you do get at least some fat? Chips and chocolate? Advocado's and coconutmilk? Nuts and tofu? Is this a silly question? Or is fat just underrated?

PS: Although I wouldn't mind changing my eating habits around a little within the realm of veganism (shift the focus from apples to coconutmilk, whatever), I wouldn't like to get into stuff that slows the metabolism down artificially... I've heard rumors.

nuts, seeds, oils. bit of coconut milk. Pretty simple.

I think the big mistake new vegans make is not getting enough of these.

I'm afraid Ricky Williams, who plays pro football is currently making this mistake. He's became a vegan a while ago and he's getting really skinny.

Until very recently i was eating nuts all the time. I've cut back to just a handful of almonds each day, coconut milk in my protein shakes. I've been eating more stir fry, and food from an indian restraunt that appears to be kind of greasy, so I think i'm making up for less nuts. Anyways jay knows his stuff.