Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Perfect Posing
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:40 pm 
Site Admin

I hope this works, I'm going to try to input a photo here.

This is my example of Perfect Posing:

This photo was taken by my sister Tanya at my competition last week.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:56 am 
Elephant

You got it pretty much down on that one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:47 pm 
Elephant

Erm... are you being sarcastic? :roll:

I really don't mean no offense buddy, but you could improve on that pose. It's not bad, but posing is the half deal onstage.

First, lean back a bit. This is even more important when on stage, 'cos the judges are sitting below in the front row!
Second, twist your arms a bit backwards, so that the hands come back a bit. Thus, you're arms will look better.
Third, try to pull your lats out more. I know you have them, i can see it, but they're not fully spread.
Fourth, raise your head a little.
Last, i think you should take a more narrow stand. It looks better and the legs seem less thin (i know how thin legs can look! :( ).

Cheers,
Daywalker :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:02 pm 
Elephant

Daywalker wrote:
Erm... are you being sarcastic? :roll:

I really don't mean no offense buddy, but you could improve on that pose. It's not bad, but posing is the half deal onstage.

First, lean back a bit. This is even more important when on stage, 'cos the judges are sitting below in the front row!
Second, twist your arms a bit backwards, so that the hands come back a bit. Thus, you're arms will look better.
Third, try to pull your lats out more. I know you have them, i can see it, but they're not fully spread.
Fourth, raise your head a little.
Last, i think you should take a more narrow stand. It looks better and the legs seem less thin (i know how thin legs can look! :( ).

Cheers,
Daywalker :)

If he twists his arm backwards, wont it make it look smaller because now you have a concave view of it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:36 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the suggestions Big Dogg,

Yeah, I know from a judging standpoint, leaning back is key, sometimes I forget that but as soon as I watch the video or see photos, I remember I should have leaned back more.

I'm going to spend more time working on posing before my next contest, but I think some of the contest photos I have show the posing pretty well, others maybe not, based on when the photo was taken.

But as you know, it's so hard when you're up there. No mirror to look at, nobody telling you how to move to get in better light, bright lights in your face, water-deprived and tensing every muscle in your body for as long as the judges wan to keep you out there.

But thanks for the suggestions man, take care and I wana see more of your pics sometime, you look like shredded wheat! (That is a good thing).

You are a lean machine, bring on the photos!

Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:34 pm 
Elephant

Hi Robert! :)

robert wrote:
But as you know, it's so hard when you're up there. No mirror to look at, nobody telling you how to move to get in better light, bright lights in your face, water-deprived and tensing every muscle in your body for as long as the judges wan to keep you out there.

Oops, sorry man! I was so concentrated on your posing that i didn't notice the background! You're damn right that posing during contest is a different thing altogether than at home in front of the mirror! :oops:

Quote:
But thanks for the suggestions man, take care and I wana see more of your pics sometime, you look like shredded wheat! (That is a good thing).

I'll do my best to get some, promise! :)

CU,
Daywalker 8)