Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Perfect Posing
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:40 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:05 pm
Posts: 21037
Location: Austin, TX
I hope this works, I'm going to try to input a photo here.

This is my example of Perfect Posing:

Image

This photo was taken by my sister Tanya at my competition last week.

_________________

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:56 am 
Offline
Elephant

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Posts: 1448
You got it pretty much down on that one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:47 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:38 pm
Posts: 1869
Location: Vegan Strength Cult, German HQ
Erm... are you being sarcastic? :roll:

I really don't mean no offense buddy, but you could improve on that pose. It's not bad, but posing is the half deal onstage.

First, lean back a bit. This is even more important when on stage, 'cos the judges are sitting below in the front row!
Second, twist your arms a bit backwards, so that the hands come back a bit. Thus, you're arms will look better.
Third, try to pull your lats out more. I know you have them, i can see it, but they're not fully spread.
Fourth, raise your head a little.
Last, i think you should take a more narrow stand. It looks better and the legs seem less thin (i know how thin legs can look! :( ).


Cheers,
Daywalker :)

_________________
No one said it would be easy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:02 pm 
Offline
Elephant

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Posts: 1448
Daywalker wrote:
Erm... are you being sarcastic? :roll:

I really don't mean no offense buddy, but you could improve on that pose. It's not bad, but posing is the half deal onstage.

First, lean back a bit. This is even more important when on stage, 'cos the judges are sitting below in the front row!
Second, twist your arms a bit backwards, so that the hands come back a bit. Thus, you're arms will look better.
Third, try to pull your lats out more. I know you have them, i can see it, but they're not fully spread.
Fourth, raise your head a little.
Last, i think you should take a more narrow stand. It looks better and the legs seem less thin (i know how thin legs can look! :( ).


Cheers,
Daywalker :)


If he twists his arm backwards, wont it make it look smaller because now you have a concave view of it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:36 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:05 pm
Posts: 21037
Location: Austin, TX
Thanks for the suggestions Big Dogg,

Yeah, I know from a judging standpoint, leaning back is key, sometimes I forget that but as soon as I watch the video or see photos, I remember I should have leaned back more.

I'm going to spend more time working on posing before my next contest, but I think some of the contest photos I have show the posing pretty well, others maybe not, based on when the photo was taken.

But as you know, it's so hard when you're up there. No mirror to look at, nobody telling you how to move to get in better light, bright lights in your face, water-deprived and tensing every muscle in your body for as long as the judges wan to keep you out there.

But thanks for the suggestions man, take care and I wana see more of your pics sometime, you look like shredded wheat! (That is a good thing).

You are a lean machine, bring on the photos!

Robert

_________________

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:34 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:38 pm
Posts: 1869
Location: Vegan Strength Cult, German HQ
Hi Robert! :)

robert wrote:
But as you know, it's so hard when you're up there. No mirror to look at, nobody telling you how to move to get in better light, bright lights in your face, water-deprived and tensing every muscle in your body for as long as the judges wan to keep you out there.

Oops, sorry man! I was so concentrated on your posing that i didn't notice the background! You're damn right that posing during contest is a different thing altogether than at home in front of the mirror! :oops:

Quote:
But thanks for the suggestions man, take care and I wana see more of your pics sometime, you look like shredded wheat! (That is a good thing).

I'll do my best to get some, promise! :)

CU,
Daywalker 8)

_________________
No one said it would be easy.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS } Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group