Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: How do you pull through a tough workout on little sleep?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:34 pm 
Finch

for me the cure for this problem is just explosive levels of willpower

i get a terrible nights sleep every night due to being stuck in a 9-5 but having the internal clock of a night owl

the amount i depise being skinny always overpowers how crappy i feel by the end of a days work when its time to go to the gym and smash it up

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:46 pm 
Rabbit

fatburningfurnace wrote:
5 hours of sleep is plenty - don't worry about that. Well let menrephrase that - if you usually sleep like 7-8 hours and you got 5 one night - don't worry a bit about it. It's not a big deal, it's not even a little deal. Even if you got 5 hours of sleep everynight you'd be fine. Butif you arefeeling sluggish turn up the head phones and eat a powerbar or snickers bar before working out (snickers only if you are not on a strict diet and don't need to cut any weight).

Please every one ignore comments like this ^^^^^

Anyway, there is a reason insomniacs supplement melatonin. It is because either their brains are not producing enough of it, or they tend to sleep later and awaken later in the day. Our brains produce melatonin at night, which is why sleep has always been associated as a nocturnal activity. Supplementing melatonin assures that you will be able to sleep regardless of the time of day, and to, more often than not, get a full 8 hours of peaceful sleep (although at first it does intensify your dreams, but this side effect fades in time). Of course, covering the windows to ensure proper darkness helps as well.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:51 pm 
Rabbit

As per increasing energy levels for proper work outs I find that ginseng and vitamin water are a good combination as well as a nice nutrient dense meal about an hour or so prior to working out. The rest has to come from your own body and the law of thermodynamics. Energy drinks only trick your brains neurons into believing your body is energized, which is why people tend to 'crash' on these.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:11 pm 
Stegosaurus

I usually don't use that many supplements, but a few months ago I was having some insomnia problems and I started taking melatonin before bed. There are still some nights where I have trouble sleeping, but my sleep has definitely improved.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:05 pm 
Finch

Powerful stuff? My cousin and I are avid bodybuilders (not pro caliber guys) and have been avoiding for years to use steroids (at 42, you think a lot about the risks), but after using the Dr Max Testosterone Boost we have seen our strength and lean body mass skyrocket. Best of all? No dangerous or noticeable side effects. This is the real deal.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:33 pm 
Manatee

I usually do 5 - 6 hrs. Sometimes if I'm tired and can't focus then I either go lighter on the weights or just hit the road and run.