torn chest muscle?

hi guys...last may i was doing a yoga class and we did a ton of backbends...after that, the middle of my chest was hurting whenever i sneezed or put my arms in the air. the pain is sharp and it's right in the middle of my chest. it's almost a year later and i can put my arms up without it hurting and sneezing is ok but now i can't work my chest out without it killing me the next day. the most i can do for chest is just stay in a plank position and even that hurts the next day. my physiotherapist said she thinks it was a slight tear of the muscle. it's almost been a year! is this normal for recovery time? do you think i should start incorporating light chest into my workouts or should i just leave it alone seeing as though it seems to reaggrivate the injury? thanks for youe help!

I am not certified in anything but here are a few ideas:

1. Up your protein intake

2. Rub your boob

3. Do REALLY light exercises for your chest... a plank is obviously too much so maybe try low-weighted chest presses (2-5 pound dumbells... I mean REALLY light weight). It will heal even slower if you continue to hurt yourself.

Cardio should help too (as long as you feel no pain from doing it).. cardio improves blood flow and therefore carries nutrients to your muscles, nurishing them, blah blah blah.

There's another idea I have but I think it only applies to bone injuries.

hi guys...last may i was doing a yoga class and we did a ton of backbends...after that, the middle of my chest was hurting whenever i sneezed or put my arms in the air. the pain is sharp and it's right in the middle of my chest. it's almost a year later and i can put my arms up without it hurting and sneezing is ok but now i can't work my chest out without it killing me the next day. the most i can do for chest is just stay in a plank position and even that hurts the next day. my physiotherapist said she thinks it was a slight tear of the muscle. it's almost been a year! is this normal for recovery time? do you think i should start incorporating light chest into my workouts or should i just leave it alone seeing as though it seems to reaggrivate the injury? thanks for youe help!

If you have a physical therapist why ask us?