Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Hate to ask this, but could someone explain P90X to me?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:51 am 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:59 pm
Posts: 64
Location: Gaithersburg, MD / Sarasota, FL
Hey folks,

I'm thinking of trying out P90X, but I don't quite understand the program yet and haven't been able to find an explanation online. I heard that it is 6 days a week, but the schedule I pieced together from looking up workout logs seems to only have 5 days a week? So far it seems to me that the plan is:

Weeks 1-3: Chest & back twice, shoulders & arms twice, legs & back once
Week 4: off?
Weeks 5-7: Legs & back once, chest, shoulders & triceps twice, back & biceps twice
Week 8: off?
Week 9: Chest & back twice, shoulders & arms twice, legs & back twice
Week 10: Legs & back once, chest, shoulders & triceps twice, back & biceps twice
Week 11: Chest & back twice, shoulders & arms twice, legs & back twice
Week 12: Legs & back once, chest, shoulders & triceps twice, back & biceps twice

Is that the actual plan? And does anyone know where I can get instructions for what those actual workouts are (not including spending a shitton of money on the tapes, because there is no way I can afford them)? Thanks! And sorry to bring up a topic that I'm sure you are all sick of by now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hate to ask this, but could someone explain P90X to me?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:04 pm 
Offline
Elephant

Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:21 pm
Posts: 1042
Location: Massachusetts, USA
I dont know the routine for P90x but this thread had some ideas

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=22685&p=251891&hilit=p90x#p251891

this programs is cheaper.

_________________
If I am "the man", then where is "the woman"?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hate to ask this, but could someone explain P90X to me?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:52 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:10 pm
Posts: 2357
Location: Bakersfield, CA, USA
Email or PM me for more details of the program that I don't think I should give out on the forum. ;)

_________________
Learning how to be compassionate, gain wisdom, and love life.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hate to ask this, but could someone explain P90X to me?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:40 pm 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:46 pm
Posts: 20
Jennie wrote:
Hey folks,

I'm thinking of trying out P90X, but I don't quite understand the program yet and haven't been able to find an explanation online. I heard that it is 6 days a week, but the schedule I pieced together from looking up workout logs seems to only have 5 days a week? So far it seems to me that the plan is:

Weeks 1-3: Chest & back twice, shoulders & arms twice, legs & back once
Week 4: off?
Weeks 5-7: Legs & back once, chest, shoulders & triceps twice, back & biceps twice
Week 8: off?
Week 9: Chest & back twice, shoulders & arms twice, legs & back twice
Week 10: Legs & back once, chest, shoulders & triceps twice, back & biceps twice
Week 11: Chest & back twice, shoulders & arms twice, legs & back twice
Week 12: Legs & back once, chest, shoulders & triceps twice, back & biceps twice

Is that the actual plan? And does anyone know where I can get instructions for what those actual workouts are (not including spending a shitton of money on the tapes, because there is no way I can afford them)? Thanks! And sorry to bring up a topic that I'm sure you are all sick of by now.
Well let's just say proxies and google are your friends, and .pdf format is a pretty cool guy, eh doesnt require additional downloads and doesnt afraid of anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hate to ask this, but could someone explain P90X to me?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:14 pm 
Offline
Gorilla
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:35 pm
Posts: 560
Location: Boston, MA
It's a 6 day a week program where you work out a different muscle group every day. It emphasizes strength training with some yoga and cardio thrown in.

I sell the programs and have very happy Beachbody clients so please, for the love of the gods...don't pirate. :( Support a fellow vegan's love of fitness and helping others to get fit, and get it from me instead. If you want to save some money on it, sign up as a coach and get 25% off of it and other products.

_________________
rational romantic mystic cynical idealist.

Vegan Women's Bodybuilding & Fitness on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1421637141388613/

Doing Les Mills Combat and loving it!
http://www.TeaAddictedGeek.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hate to ask this, but could someone explain P90X to me?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:30 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:10 pm
Posts: 2357
Location: Bakersfield, CA, USA
BlueRose wrote:
....I sell the programs and have very happy Beachbody clients so please, for the love of the gods...don't pirate. :( Support a fellow vegan's love of fitness and helping others to get fit, and get it from me instead. If you want to save some money on it, sign up as a coach and get 25% off of it and other products.


While I agree with the sentiment, I feel that Beachbody is a typical 'diet and lifestyle' corporation, gouging money from people who are desperate to buy into their late-night infomercials. This is just my personal feeling though, so to each their own. If I know someone who actually wants to buy the program, I will definitely send them your way!

_________________
Learning how to be compassionate, gain wisdom, and love life.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hate to ask this, but could someone explain P90X to me?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:06 pm 
Offline
Gorilla
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:35 pm
Posts: 560
Location: Boston, MA
Fallen_Horse wrote:
BlueRose wrote:
....I sell the programs and have very happy Beachbody clients so please, for the love of the gods...don't pirate. :( Support a fellow vegan's love of fitness and helping others to get fit, and get it from me instead. If you want to save some money on it, sign up as a coach and get 25% off of it and other products.


While I agree with the sentiment, I feel that Beachbody is a typical 'diet and lifestyle' corporation, gouging money from people who are desperate to buy into their late-night infomercials. This is just my personal feeling though, so to each their own. If I know someone who actually wants to buy the program, I will definitely send them your way!


I know of far, far, far too many people (self included) who have turned their entire lives around using the programs. They work. None of us are fitness models looking to "gauge" or deceive anyone.

I for one am looking forward to their vegan version of Shakeology :D

_________________
rational romantic mystic cynical idealist.

Vegan Women's Bodybuilding & Fitness on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1421637141388613/

Doing Les Mills Combat and loving it!
http://www.TeaAddictedGeek.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS } Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group