Stiff Legged Deadlifts?

Are stiff legged deads in your weekly routine? They always hit my hams like no other exercise.

Problem I am having is that I do legs on one day and back on a separate day, and after doing stiff legged dead lifts, my upper back is very sore for days! So, I feel like I am over training my back.

Thoughts?

Thanks Dallas, I don't like hitting the same muscle group more than once a week so I was trying to squeeze all leg work into one day. I could do stiff legged deads three days later on my back day, but my hams still get some work on squat day. Plus, I have to think of time and I am pressed for time as it is in the gym. Adding deads on my back day will lengthen my workout. Maybe this particular phase I will skip the dead lifts and concentrate on squats and will do things like leg curls to add in some specific ham work.

If you want to benefit from compound exercises like stiff legged deadlifts then you're probably going to end up working muscle groups more than once a week.

Yes, but that can lead to over training. Natural athletes have a limited ability to recover so I try not to touch the same muscle more than once a week. Maybe I will use leg curls for noe while squating. I also cut out dips for now because my current program has me doing chest one day and shoulders on another so I am skipping dips for this protocol. I felt like I needed something new anyway.

Hopefully the leg curls will hit my hams as much as the SL Deads did.