Closing CoC1

Well actually it might not be coming along so bad wih RB160. This is where I am at the moment:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c356/ggrusell/rb_160.jpg

Which looks like I have made a little progress at least . So now the question is more repping with coc1 or heavy negatives with rb160? Or possibly both?

btw as some of you might have notices Im pretty happy with my new camera . Hopefully the initial enthusiasm will fade so I can stop photospamming all the time .

personally i never liked repping out or doing negatives. i was stuck less than 1 cm for almost a year on the CoC #2. best thing i did was save some money and buy the Devil's Advocate. in about 2 1/2 months i went from closing 185-190 to 213. picked up the CoC #2 after that time and demolished it. had to double check to make sure it really was the #2. anyway, that's what worked for me.

Repping is pretty good IMO for getting stronger. I think low reps are not so effective as the forearms are used to lots of work, and in my experience I get injured when I just do heavy low rep all the time.

7reps no set is really good Gustav - I bet when you get to ten you will be able to close the RB160. Out of curiousity - I assume the RB160 is easier than the number 2, but how much easier?

Jonathan

personally i never liked repping out or doing negatives. i was stuck less than 1 cm for almost a year on the CoC #2. best thing i did was save some money and buy the Devil's Advocate. in about 2 1/2 months i went from closing 185-190 to 213. picked up the CoC #2 after that time and demolished it. had to double check to make sure it really was the #2. anyway, that's what worked for me.

Aha, interested. What't the difference between Devils advocate and the Ivanko supergripper? I never liked the feel of the supergripper too much. But your recomendation would be heavy singles with some sort of progressive grip tool then ?

Repping is pretty good IMO for getting stronger. I think low reps are not so effective as the forearms are used to lots of work, and in my experience I get injured when I just do heavy low rep all the time.

Hmm, maybe I should actually give repping a chance then. At least its more fun than negatives .

7reps no set is really good Gustav - I bet when you get to ten you will be able to close the RB160.

Wanst really noset, I set it before the first rep, but not in between reps.

Out of curiousity - I assume the RB160 is easier than the number 2, but how much easier?

Thats a good question, which I dont really know the answer to. Its been a while since I tried no2 so I dnt know . Gues we can wait and see if VE or someone who should know happens to pass the thread .

bronco,

the range of motion between the Devil's Advocate and a CoC gripper is VERY similar. the DA is a ivanko supergripper with knurled handle attatchments. its not just heavy singles, but max triples, max 5 reps, etc. it is just so versatile. i have been on a couple girpboards and haven't seen one person regret buying one. of course not many people get around to buying one because of the price, but the price is negligeble when you consider how many grippers it replaces. all i can say is it helped me shut the #2 without even picking up the #2.

bronco,

the range of motion between the Devil's Advocate and a CoC gripper is VERY similar. the DA is a ivanko supergripper with knurled handle attatchments. its not just heavy singles, but max triples, max 5 reps, etc. it is just so versatile. i have been on a couple girpboards and haven't seen one person regret buying one. of course not many people get around to buying one because of the price, but the price is negligeble when you consider how many grippers it replaces. all i can say is it helped me shut the #2 without even picking up the #2.

So what you're saying is that the DA has more of a 'gripper' feel than the vanilla ivanko supergripper? The main thing I didnt like with the ivanko was that it didnt really feel like a gripper I think, so if the DA is better in this respect I will definitely consider buying one, thanks for the advice . At the moment though I think my needs should be covered by RB160 and CoC2.