opinion on body for life?

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

liamoneillgordon
Finch

opinion on body for life?

#1 Postby liamoneillgordon » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:21 pm

any opinions?

VeganEssentials
Stegosaurus

Re: opinion on body for life?

#2 Postby VeganEssentials » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:50 pm

It's what I used as my template for training when I started back about 16 years ago. Overall, it's nothing magical, but a fair enough system to use for people new to weight training who want something that's pretty straight-forward (providing it's still similar to how it was way back when it first started in the mid 90s).

Can't recall the nutritional guidelines much, other than that back in the day, it was "a fist-sized piece of protein and a fist-sized mound of complex carbohydrates" and that was the general rule. Kinda makes things more limiting unless you're a fan of eating a block of tofu or a pile of seitan at every meal to stick with things as they used to be set, but again, I'm just going off of memory and maybe things have changed.
"A 'hardgainer' is merely someone who hasn't bothered to try enough different training methods to learn what is actually right for their own damned body." - anonymous

ICanDoThis
Manatee

Re: opinion on body for life?

#3 Postby ICanDoThis » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:06 pm

I use it on and off. I end up going back to it when I want a basic no-nonsense template. It's easy to follow and it takes just over an hour including warm up. I think it's timed for about 45 mins. but I like to do some calisthenics to get going.
Kick Ass & Conquer!

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”