Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: on/off days?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:28 pm 
Rabbit

Do you lift everyday? workout everyday?
I've heard on numerous occasions work out every other day to give your body some rest/recovery time.

what do you typically do?
right now I am trying to do arms, legs, abs, all separate days.

Post subject: Re: on/off days?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:41 pm 
Stegosaurus

When I'm on track (which has been a few months...), I usually do something like this:

Sunday - legs and shoulders
Tuesday - upper back and whatever sounds "fun" at the time, like flipping tires, etc.
Thursday - lower back and chest
Then, I may do some light upper back work again a day or two later, I might just play around with some strongman event training, or I might just take it easy and only train 3x that week.

There's no "right" way to do it for everyone, some people can train often and recover quickly, others need more time off, it all depends on factors such as genetics, nutrition, how you're training, how physically demanding your work is, etc. that will affect how is best to train for you.

Post subject: Re: on/off days?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:41 pm 
Stegosaurus

When I'm on track (which has been a few months...), I usually do something like this:

Sunday - legs and shoulders
Tuesday - upper back and whatever sounds "fun" at the time, like flipping tires, etc.
Thursday - lower back and chest
Then, I may do some light upper back work again a day or two later, I might just play around with some strongman event training, or I might just take it easy and only train 3x that week.

There's no "right" way to do it for everyone, some people can train often and recover quickly, others need more time off, it all depends on factors such as genetics, nutrition, how you're training, how physically demanding your work is, etc. that will affect how is best to train for you.