Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: I am so sick of soy.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:37 am 
Rabbit

almond/rice milk, seitan (I love it!!!), some fake soy meat and reduce soy eating. For me, it's basically for every food: eating it every day will make me hate it :D. Mix up your diet and gl :)

I wanna know the high protein pea recipe too!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:26 am 
Manatee

I know many on this board avoid supplements, but I am about to get back to the gym after a couple years away, and am going to try this Jarrow Optimal Plant Proteins 21g protein with these ingredients: Pea protein isolate, organic rice protein, pea fiber, organic hemp protein, Golden Chlorella, chia meal powder, xylitol, natural french vanilla, Metabolin (bacterial metabolites), Lo Han Guo (Momodica grosvenori), and stevia.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:21 am 
Gorilla

What is your bodyfat percentage? Unless you are trying to pre-contest (4-5%) body fat, i would not be concerned with eliminating carbs, fats, and eating all those soy products. Your sodium intake has to be off the charts. I eat high carb including many servings of fruit and veggies and am still dropping bodyfat. I dropped from 17.9% to 15% in like two weeks, all while increasing my strength across the board. I get my protein from a variety of sources like raw brown rice/lentil/pea mixtures, seitan (which paired with the lysine from soy sauce when prepared has all essential amino acids for protein synthesis), nuts/seeds (loaded with healthy fats which aid in cutting and fat metabolism and protein), and vegetables such as green beans, broccoli, spinach, snap peas (which all are relatively low carb options along with high fiber and good protein sources). Hell even Derek Treesize cut down to 4% bf eating high carbs and he has shared his nutrition journal on his website on the whole process.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:22 am 
Rabbit

Nicholas_Weir wrote:
Try Sunwarrior (vanilla or chocolate flavoured)

I second the Sun Warrior. That stuff is good! I make an amazing relatively low carb smoothie with 1/2 a bananna, 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, 2 scoops of Sun Warrior chocolate (32 grams protein), a serving of almonds, 5 large ice cubes, and a little bit of almond milk. If you make it in a VitaMix with just enough milk for the powder to be all wet down it has the consitency and taste of ice cream! Yum!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:39 pm 
Manatee

I see nothing wrong with doing some organic free range eggs. We have friends who have chickens as pets and they eat the eggs.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:16 pm 
Gorilla

"Don't fall for that crap that people are peddling on the message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your shit in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn't matter" Jim Wendler

Last edited by veggiesasquatch on Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:17 pm 
Gorilla

I personally avoid soy, I don't want to start developing a vagina

"Don't fall for that crap that people are peddling on the message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your shit in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn't matter" Jim Wendler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:16 pm 
Rabbit

I hope you have quit drinking beer as well. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:36 am 
Rabbit

boardn10 wrote:
I see nothing wrong with doing some organic free range eggs. We have friends who have chickens as pets and they eat the eggs.

Hey! What about that high protein pea soup? Would you please share the recipe? :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:14 am 
Manatee

gcorrea wrote:
boardn10 wrote:

Hey! What about that high protein pea soup? Would you please share the recipe? :)

What Pea Soup?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:26 am 
Rabbit

boardn10 wrote:
THat is really odd. I am a vegan bodybuilder and I don;t eat a lot of soy. Interesting. Do you eat beans? buckwheat? oatmeal? quinoa? nuts? peas? I have a pea soup that is almost 20 grams of preotein per serving.

This pea soup. :-)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:36 am 
Manatee

Yea, I would have some sympathy here, but you chose to blame Veganism rather than your ignorance.

Check out any book or website that break down the nutritional value of food, buy Robert Cheeks Vegan bodybuilding book, &/or browse the many form posts about where to get your protein!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:59 pm 
Gorilla

boardn10 wrote:

This definitely isn't the thread to go into a bunch of detail, but "free range" usually isn't anything special. The conditions are still dismal. And even people who raise their own are contributing to the problem by reinforcing the commoditization of an animal product.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:10 pm 
Manatee

gcorrea wrote:
boardn10 wrote:
THat is really odd. I am a vegan bodybuilder and I don;t eat a lot of soy. Interesting. Do you eat beans? buckwheat? oatmeal? quinoa? nuts? peas? I have a pea soup that is almost 20 grams of preotein per serving.

This pea soup. :-)

I believe it is Dr. McDougall's packaged Pea Soup.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:13 pm 
Manatee

blabbate wrote:
boardn10 wrote:

This definitely isn't the thread to go into a bunch of detail, but "free range" usually isn't anything special. The conditions are still dismal. And even people who raise their own are contributing to the problem by reinforcing the commoditization of an animal product.

Good points.