Bulking up as a female

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

DAEnergizer
Finch

Bulking up as a female

#1 Postby DAEnergizer » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:20 pm

Does anyone have a specific food plan for a woman looking to bulk up? I'm a naturally small frame woman. How many calories should I be ingesting daily?

divamom
Manatee

Re: Bulking up as a female

#2 Postby divamom » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:49 am

How much are you trying to gain? What's your current goal in bulking...size and weight or just size for muscles? Are you lean now? What's your work out. I once heard, " to make your muscles bigger, eat a lot and pick up and move heavy things",so you have to be a little more clear on what, why , how. Wish I had to bulk...some days I would just love to eat a whole lot more!

vegansludge
Manatee

Re: Bulking up as a female

#3 Postby vegansludge » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:32 am

DAEnergizer wrote:Does anyone have a specific food plan for a woman looking to bulk up? I'm a naturally small frame woman. How many calories should I be ingesting daily?

Like divamom said, it varies depending on your size, build, daily maintenance needs, etc. as you need to lift heavy, eat over your maintenance calories for the day, and get 1g of protein for your LBM (if not more).
"When in doubt, squat and run hills." - Jim Wendler

IRON MNTN // LOG

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”