Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: How much sleep do you get?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:33 am 
Manatee

Do you all place enough emphasis on sleep? I put a lot of emphasis on sleep and tend to get a solid 8 hours a night. I do not function well on anything less than 7 hours, but most nights I get 8. I seem to throw in one or maybe two clunkers a week where I only get about 6 or so hours. The best approach for me is to go to bed somewhat early and to keep things consistent.
Having a child helps me because I tend to go to bed and get up at about the same time each day since my daughter goes to bed at about the same time each night, as does my wife.

But, sometimes I wonder if having one bad night or sometimes two bad nights a week of sleep, can really hinder my gains?

Post subject: Re: How much sleep do you get?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:30 am 
Manatee

I know many will say it is nearly impossible building muscle on anything less than 8 hours, any it is preferable to get 9 or more. I do tend to get 8 a night but a few nights a week I am only able to get about 7, sometimes 6 which is horrible when that happens.

The worst part is the headache I will get with only 6-7 hours.