Anyone going to the Arnold....

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

GetTheLift
VBB Powerlifter

Anyone going to the Arnold....

#1 Postby GetTheLift » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:33 pm

Hey all Im new to the board so if this is posted somewhere else I appoligize in advance, but is anyone going to the Arnold in Ohio next weekend?

Baby Hercules
Elephant

Re: Anyone going to the Arnold....

#2 Postby Baby Hercules » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:43 pm

GetTheLift wrote:Hey all Im new to the board so if this is posted somewhere else I appoligize in advance, but is anyone going to the Arnold in Ohio next weekend?

If you are, we're all behind you. And, Hi, by the way. :D

Baby Herc
Power [][][][][][][][][][]
Speed [][]
Stamina [][][][][][]
Smarts [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
http://allthoughtsworkoutdoors.wordpress.com/

VeganEssentials
Stegosaurus

#3 Postby VeganEssentials » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:32 am

Wish I was going! Everyone from our facility is heading there for the weekend (either to compete or spectate), for me it's just too close on the heels of a business trip to be able to make it. I know most of the guys going will be parking it at the powerlifting area for most of the weekend, at least, whenever there isn't anything going for strongman that they'll be competing in / helping with to draw them elsewhere.

I'll have to make sure they keep an eye out for whenever you're up lifting, and if you get the chance to check out the amateur strongman event, definitely try to make it over. Jake Bodi (our hometown hero) will be there in all of his 250 lb. glory to outlift the 300+ lb. giants, last week he hit an 850 lb x 3 trap bar deadlift and will be slaying the heavyweights once he gets in the mix!
"A 'hardgainer' is merely someone who hasn't bothered to try enough different training methods to learn what is actually right for their own damned body." - anonymous

Synny667
Elephant

#4 Postby Synny667 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:00 am

It has been a dream to go to the Arnold!! But it isn't in the cards again this year. Oh well I will await pics in Oxygen as they always go....
I do because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

GetTheLift
VBB Powerlifter

#5 Postby GetTheLift » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:20 pm

Synny667 wrote:It has been a dream to go to the Arnold!! But it isn't in the cards again this year. Oh well I will await pics in Oxygen as they always go....

You gotta get there!!!!! Its Fitness Disneyland haha This will be my 3rd time Competing and its by far my Favorite trip of the year

Synny667
Elephant

#6 Postby Synny667 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:38 pm

I wish someone would kidnap and take me with them
I do because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

vegansludge
Manatee

#7 Postby vegansludge » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:49 pm

I believe that a few people are attending - I know myself and user John V. talked about car-pooling.
"When in doubt, squat and run hills." - Jim Wendler

IRON MNTN // LOG

jungleinthefrunk
Gorilla

#8 Postby jungleinthefrunk » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:49 pm

Im not going to this but Sludge what about the vegan vacation? any updates on that?
Darth Vader from Sandlot once said, "Heroes get remembered, but legends never die." Then he later died.
https://www.facebook.com/LaurenHarrisonAnbfPro
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeeeeech
https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

vegansludge
Manatee

#9 Postby vegansludge » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:59 pm

jungleinthefrunk wrote:Im not going to this but Sludge what about the vegan vacation? any updates on that?

I'm not really sure since that thread never really solidified anything. But, if nobody else ends up wanting to organize it, I will most certainly head it up and shoot for late fall to make sure it's all organized. It's kind of my dream to organize an all vegan lifting/BB comp so doing the vegan vacation would be a good way to start that out.
"When in doubt, squat and run hills." - Jim Wendler

IRON MNTN // LOG

boardn10
Manatee

#10 Postby boardn10 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:20 am

GetTheLift wrote:Hey all Im new to the board so if this is posted somewhere else I appoligize in advance, but is anyone going to the Arnold in Ohio next weekend?

Is it only in Ohio or does it move around? I am in Philly, PA.
What do I do when not bodybuilding or working? Spend time with family, play guitar, write music, snowboard, roast coffee, travel, read, fight for those who are less fortunate than myself.

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”