Every day is a new challenge in the gym

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

SpartanDiva
Rabbit

Every day is a new challenge in the gym

#1 Postby SpartanDiva » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:33 am

What I love about training is that it is a never-ending quest for improvement. Each day in the gym is different. Each day brings a glorious new challenge. It's truly "woman versus herself", and I believe that I'm winning the battle, slowly but surely. It's rarely a steady, upward climb...most of the time I find myself losing ground. But that's what makes it so enticing.

Speaking of which, I'm ready to train legs with my weighted-vest circuit. Time to get up close and personal with my own Station of Pain.
Dr. D
The Spartan Diva

Mini Forklift Ⓥ
VBB Moderator, Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

Re: Every day is a new challenge in the gym

#2 Postby Mini Forklift Ⓥ » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:38 am

x 2 !!!

informe
Finch

#3 Postby informe » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:27 pm

They say you are suppose to take 5-8 grams before and after workout. So if I am running in the am, and lifting in the PM, that means I'll be taking in 20grams a day. Even though it tastes like crap I have no problem doing it...is this what I need to do to get the benefits of BCAA? Or is it too much for my body? 140lb female heavy training to put on mass. I know you might ask why I run in the morning it's because I need to keep body fat down and I suck at doing it with JUST diet especially this time of year. Thanks for your help.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ
VBB Moderator, Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

#4 Postby Mini Forklift Ⓥ » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:57 pm

informe wrote:They say you are suppose to take 5-8 grams before and after workout. So if I am running in the am, and lifting in the PM, that means I'll be taking in 20grams a day. Even though it tastes like crap I have no problem doing it...is this what I need to do to get the benefits of BCAA? Or is it too much for my body? 140lb female heavy training to put on mass. I know you might ask why I run in the morning it's because I need to keep body fat down and I suck at doing it with JUST diet especially this time of year. Thanks for your help.

You should pick up a resonable amount of BCAA's through a decent quality protein. TBH I never noticed much difference in strength or recovery from taking additional BCAA's.

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”