Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bikini Bod for Photo Shoot
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:32 pm 
Rabbit

I would love some advice. I hope this is the right forum.

I typically only eat for health and a good physique is just a nice side effect. I.e. I don't typically limit specific foods and consume more of others for my appearance however. . . I have a bikini photo shoot scheduled in two weeks and I am wondering what adjustments I should make to be a bit more defined/ cut.

I'm planning to keep up my current exercise regimen which is a combination of weight lifting, pilates, hot yoga, and cardio.

Any thoughts on how to get a bit of extra definition in these last couple weeks? I currently eat only whole plant based foods: Lots of fresh veggies, beans, greens, whole grains, fruit, nuts, seeds. Should I cut back on brown rice (my fav whole grain)? Have more raw? Cut back on the healthy fats (avocado, nuts)? Add more chia or hemp? Again, I do not want to do anything to hurt my health, just looking to get the biggest bang for my vegan fitness buck :-). . . Maybe I'll post a pic after my successful photo shoot.

Thanks!!

Post subject: Re: Bikini Bod for Photo Shoot
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:49 pm 
Rabbit

so far your diet to me looks to be spot on, Id say cut back on sodium and saturated and trans fats and drink atleast half a gallon of water a day minimum. Do lots of cardio like running and stairs and that will help cut fast.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:49 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks for your thoughts. I can amp up the water intake and cardio.

I am just wondering if I should temporarily switch my carb/protein/fat ratio for now.

Do competitors or models make any shift in the week or two prior to a competition/ photo shoot?

I would love any more thoughts!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:18 am 
Manatee

yes...they cut back drastically on carbs and fats the weeks before...and introduce carbs back in JUST a few days before the competition or photo shoot to get a pump/ definition...fats are a personal thing- they add "deposition" and make one look fuller-no carbs give you the lean, defined look and really emphasize muscle and since there are no carbs, you don't puff up (carbs make energy, but they hold water , plus all eating protein forces your muscles to burn what is there in way of excess stored energy (carbs), so you get a pump while lean...add the carbs back in JUST before, and its like "add water", you pump up in all the right places. I just over simplified it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:07 am 
Rabbit

divamom wrote:
yes...they cut back drastically on carbs and fats the weeks before...and introduce carbs back in JUST a few days before the competition or photo shoot to get a pump/ definition...fats are a personal thing- they add "deposition" and make one look fuller-no carbs give you the lean, defined look and really emphasize muscle and since there are no carbs, you don't puff up (carbs make energy, but they hold water , plus all eating protein forces your muscles to burn what is there in way of excess stored energy (carbs), so you get a pump while lean...add the carbs back in JUST before, and its like "add water", you pump up in all the right places. I just over simplified it.

Thanks so much!!