Bikini Bod for Photo Shoot

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Broccoli Hugger
Rabbit

Bikini Bod for Photo Shoot

#1 Postby Broccoli Hugger » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:32 pm

I would love some advice. I hope this is the right forum.

I typically only eat for health and a good physique is just a nice side effect. I.e. I don't typically limit specific foods and consume more of others for my appearance however. . . I have a bikini photo shoot scheduled in two weeks and I am wondering what adjustments I should make to be a bit more defined/ cut.

I'm planning to keep up my current exercise regimen which is a combination of weight lifting, pilates, hot yoga, and cardio.

Any thoughts on how to get a bit of extra definition in these last couple weeks? I currently eat only whole plant based foods: Lots of fresh veggies, beans, greens, whole grains, fruit, nuts, seeds. Should I cut back on brown rice (my fav whole grain)? Have more raw? Cut back on the healthy fats (avocado, nuts)? Add more chia or hemp? Again, I do not want to do anything to hurt my health, just looking to get the biggest bang for my vegan fitness buck :-). . . Maybe I'll post a pic after my successful photo shoot.

Thanks!!

HxC_Nismo
Rabbit

Re: Bikini Bod for Photo Shoot

#2 Postby HxC_Nismo » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:49 pm

so far your diet to me looks to be spot on, Id say cut back on sodium and saturated and trans fats and drink atleast half a gallon of water a day minimum. Do lots of cardio like running and stairs and that will help cut fast.
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
-Martin Luther King Jr

Broccoli Hugger
Rabbit

#3 Postby Broccoli Hugger » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:49 pm

Thanks for your thoughts. I can amp up the water intake and cardio.

I am just wondering if I should temporarily switch my carb/protein/fat ratio for now.

Do competitors or models make any shift in the week or two prior to a competition/ photo shoot?

I would love any more thoughts!

divamom
Manatee

#4 Postby divamom » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:18 am

yes...they cut back drastically on carbs and fats the weeks before...and introduce carbs back in JUST a few days before the competition or photo shoot to get a pump/ definition...fats are a personal thing- they add "deposition" and make one look fuller-no carbs give you the lean, defined look and really emphasize muscle and since there are no carbs, you don't puff up (carbs make energy, but they hold water , plus all eating protein forces your muscles to burn what is there in way of excess stored energy (carbs), so you get a pump while lean...add the carbs back in JUST before, and its like "add water", you pump up in all the right places. I just over simplified it.

Broccoli Hugger
Rabbit

#5 Postby Broccoli Hugger » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:07 am

divamom wrote:yes...they cut back drastically on carbs and fats the weeks before...and introduce carbs back in JUST a few days before the competition or photo shoot to get a pump/ definition...fats are a personal thing- they add "deposition" and make one look fuller-no carbs give you the lean, defined look and really emphasize muscle and since there are no carbs, you don't puff up (carbs make energy, but they hold water , plus all eating protein forces your muscles to burn what is there in way of excess stored energy (carbs), so you get a pump while lean...add the carbs back in JUST before, and its like "add water", you pump up in all the right places. I just over simplified it.

Thanks so much!!

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”