Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Finding energy for exercising...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:39 pm 
Elephant

They seem to have a pretty low glycemic load...

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/breakfast-cereals/1598/2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:09 am 
Rabbit

Yah that's why I had fresh, plain, slow cooked oatmeal for breakfast every morning for over 10 years... When I stopped, weight fell off, exercise had the desired effect and I suddenly have unlimited energy like I thought I should. I would have never thunk it...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:17 am 
Elephant

Maybe I should up my oats intake hahaha. I have more energy than I know what to do with. Oats keep me full longer so that I am not ravaging hungry an hour or 2 later.

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

Post subject: Re: Re: Finding energy for exercising...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:03 am 
Manatee

Synny667 wrote:
I play uplifting energizing music on the way to the gym by the time I hit the exit to my house my brain says to the gym and stat.

Yea, I play my favorite club music; it frequently has me spazzing about with extra energy out of nowhere.

VeganEssentials wrote:
it's about getting my butt on the way there, then I'm ALWAYS glad I went once I get started. It's the excuse-making that gets me, these days a lot of "I guess it'll be better if I wait for tomorrow when I have more energy", which usually turns into a 3-day lapse very easily.
Totally: I had taken a 2-day break a while back and it turned out to be the toughest week I had once I got back into it.

lobsteriffic wrote:
I feel that way all of the time after work. The only way for me to consistently get in a workout is to exercise in the morning. That way, no matter how mentally drained I am at the end of the day, I've already got my work out in. I'm on auto pilot in the mornings...I roll out of bed, put on my gym clothes, and I'm out the door.

Yea, that's exactly what I do lol. I never understood those that would workout before bed when they had the option to do so much earlier. One would think that working out in the morning would completely drain you & leave no energy for the rest of the day, but I have found that I am quite energetic instead.

Fallen_Horse wrote:
That's a good idea, but then you have to have the willpower to go to bed early :D Maybe I can try this tomorrow and see what it's like.

That is true, but from my experience, it's not as tough going to bed on time when I'm working out =) Did it work well for you?

blabbate wrote:
Honestly? It's pure, bull-headed perseverance, followed by some level of adaptation. [...] I think we all probably have a good reserve of stubbornness just given that we're vegans, though.
lol agreed.

And finally, what helps me the most, imho, is taking Vega's pre-workout energizer, or something similar. That burst of healthy sources of caffeine & cards starts motivating me before I've even taken it lol. Taking Ionic magnesium has a nice effect some nights, herbs for relaxation before bed (valerian, kava kava, passion flower, skullcap, etc., although these days L-Theanine has been pretty interesting), with melatonin helps me "be responsible" when is rather stay up all night playing computer games or watching tv lol. I've had trouble sleeping since I was approx 7, and these help me a good deal.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:07 pm 
Elephant

lobsteriffic wrote:
Did you try the morning workouts? Curious to hear how they went. I had a lot of trouble with them at first, but now it's just part of my routine.

Actually we ended up cheating. :D Bought a gym membership and now we force ourselves to go after work, Mon, Wed, Fri. It has worked so far, with good days and bad days. Thanks for the idea though :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:02 pm 
Manatee

Well good, as long as something gets you going =)