daily calisthenics to slowly build lean muscle mass

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

aly11
Finch

daily calisthenics to slowly build lean muscle mass

#1 Postby aly11 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:10 pm

I've been doing a fairly short (about 20 min) calisthenics routine every morning for the past week and can already feel improvement (next step is to burn the fat so I can SEE IT!) Anyone else do a daily calisthenics routine or have experience in how successful/not successful this is?
aly.

Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing. - Tyler Durden, Fight Club

MartinVegartin
Manatee

Re: daily calisthenics to slowly build lean muscle mass

#2 Postby MartinVegartin » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:42 pm

If that's you in your avatar you look slim enough. Presumably, you have as little fat elsewhere.

Calisthenics - are these just bodyweight exercises? Are you not keen on using weights or would it not be practicable to do so?

boardn10
Manatee

#3 Postby boardn10 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:34 am

I would not try to lose any more fat!
What do I do when not bodybuilding or working? Spend time with family, play guitar, write music, snowboard, roast coffee, travel, read, fight for those who are less fortunate than myself.

Tarzan
Rabbit

#4 Postby Tarzan » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:44 am

That is not her body.

Justin Morgan
Rabbit

#5 Postby Justin Morgan » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:19 pm

I think that Calisthenics are entirely good for building muscle. Personally I exclusively rely on calisthenics. In fact I've had such great success with using only calisthenics based movements that I'm putting together a series of calisthenics based routines for building muscle.
I started out with power/bodybuilding which helped a ton in developing a regular routine, but the key in calisthenics is to push the muscle you are working until it needs to recover, just like in lifting. And to give yourself enough time to rest before working the muscle again. Every time you workout, you ought to be a little better, in form or in the number of reps you do, or in something. If you're not then either you didn't fully recover, or you didn't push yourself hard enough in your previous workout.

boardn10
Manatee

#6 Postby boardn10 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:45 am

You can't only do Calisthenics and expect to develop all of your musculature. What about the fast twitch fibers? I find I have to periodize so I hit the fast twitch and slow twitch fibers.
What do I do when not bodybuilding or working? Spend time with family, play guitar, write music, snowboard, roast coffee, travel, read, fight for those who are less fortunate than myself.

Justin Morgan
Rabbit

#7 Postby Justin Morgan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:40 pm

I do..... and so does Hershel walker and Hit Richards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBZOCrWA ... re=channel

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”