Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Request for training advice
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:26 pm 
Rabbit

Hey

I'm not exactly new here, but I'm new back to posting again. Over half a year ago I'd been doing the Stronglifts 5x5 program, but I feel like it progressed too quickly for my body-type/metabolism/whatever. I ended up injuring my back (a problem which still gives me pain now) doing squats, while following the program closely. I lost faith in the program and when I recovered began solely using kettlebells, which were great for strength and flexibility.

Now I've moved and don't have access to my kettlebells so I'm thinking of rejoining a gym. My goals are strength and a good physique. I'm not wanting to be the world's strongest person, I just want to be in good shape and have a workout that makes me feel great after it. The progression of 5x5 for me became unpleasant and exhausting, so I want to avoid it. Kettlebells were good but I would like to see more progression in terms of weight and size.

Can anyone recommend a program that is in line with my request, without being as demanding as the 5x5?

Thanx, T

Post subject: Re: Request for training advice
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:58 pm 
Elephant

Not sure if they fall into what you are looking for but I swear by yoga and boot camp and if boot camp is canceled I hit up a lifting class like body pump

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

Post subject: Re: Request for training advice
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:46 am 
Gorilla

If it's a slow progression for strength you want then Wendler's 5/3/1 is all you need....

"Don't fall for that crap that people are peddling on the message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your shit in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn't matter" Jim Wendler

Post subject: Request for training advice
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:25 am 
Manatee

Why not do the 5x5 again but progress slower? If you buy some fractional plates you could increase by 1kg every workout.

To be honest it sounds like you probably havent got your form nailed. Get some videos out so we can help :)

Facebook - Add me