Vegan Protein Powder

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

achillea
Finch

Vegan Protein Powder

#1 Postby achillea » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:03 am

Hi Guys,

Just want to find if anyone is using any Vegan Protein Supplements at the moment?

Thanks
Achillea :D

esterhu
Finch

Re: Vegan Protein Powder

#2 Postby esterhu » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:30 am

I recently bought recovery protein powder and bars from Vega Sport.. its a blend of varous protein sources. I dont use it that much though, i turned vegan recently but really try to take less protein supplements ( i would use about 2 whey protein shakes on a day in the past ).

Ive also used rice protein from Sunwarrior ( but its a bit chalky)
Pea protein as well, at first i HATED it ( but i was sooo used to whey, so yeah it was diffrent) but now i got used to it. Stirred into oatmeal it isnt all that bad :)

The PhytoAthlete
Manatee

#3 Postby The PhytoAthlete » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:44 pm

I was recently told about this product by a friend. I have never used it but he likes it a lot. It doesn't have any stevia in it like some of the Vega products do.

http://www.gardenoflife.com/ProductsforLife/SUPPLEMENTS/FoundationalNutrition/RAWProtein/tabid/1894/Default.aspx

robert
Site Admin

#4 Postby robert » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:16 pm

I would check www.veganproteins.com and www.veganessentials.com which carry a vast array of vegan supplements.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

S-Ray
Rabbit

#5 Postby S-Ray » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:01 am

I highly recommend Plant Fusion. The protein sources come from pea isolate, brown rice concentrate and artichoke protein. Add to almond milk with some frozen fruit, the chocolate flavor seriously makes it taste like you're drinking a milk shake.

http://www.plantfusion.us/

robert
Site Admin

#6 Postby robert » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:56 am

I had some Plant Fusion today :) Great stuff. The Chocolate Raspberry flavor is awesome!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

S-Ray
Rabbit

#7 Postby S-Ray » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:41 pm

Oh wow, I haven't seen the Chocolate Raspberry. I'm sure it's great!

AdamH
Rabbit

#8 Postby AdamH » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:01 am

I rarely use any, myself. There's generic brand they sell at publix, which I buy every once in a while. It's just called "veggie protein" or something like that. It's decent. 17g of protein per serving, no additives. Thor's Raw Power looks pretty awesome if you're willing to spend a little bit extra.

Octopussoir
Elephant

#9 Postby Octopussoir » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:37 am

Since I cant get ahold of Sunwarrior vanilla brown rice protein in the bulk for a less-than-retail price, Ive switched to Nutribiotic's vanilla brown rice protein. It's quite flavorless and tastes great in vanilla Coconut Milk. I got 3lbs at VitaminShoppe for $26(no im not plugging).
robert cheeke wrote:life's too short to not get SWOL!

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”