I am sure this is covered somewhere here...

i am looking to clean my diet up..mainly raw. i have been mainly fruit raw for few days but looking something a little more balanced

(more healthy fats/veggies)

i am 40 something and train crossfit (3 times a week) and Brazilian jiu jitsu (4 times a week)..

looking for diet advice to stay healthy,help with recovery and fuel training and mainly raw.

what do other folks here eat ?

Thanks

Today's menu, I weigh 180 ibs and will be working lats and biceps today.

Breakfast: 1/2 large watermelon

Snack: 5 bananas blended with orange juice and as much spinach leaves that will fit into the blender on top of that

Lunch: 5 bananas/cup of frozen strawberries smoothie

Post Workout: 5 bananas blended with blue berries and spinach leaves

Snack: 1/4 watermelon and a cup or two of grapes

Dinner salad: Head of green leaf lettuce, three tomatoes, Rice/lentil mix (1 cup rice and 1/2 cup lentils into the steamer), two ears of sweet corn (raw), sliced carrot or two, 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds and a few brazil nuts.

If I get hungry after that I might have some grapes.

4000 calories:

Protein:104 grams

Carbs: 924 grams

Fats: 44 grams

I don't eat this exact plan everyday, but it usually looks something like this.

Doesn't fruit make you more hungry craving more

It depends on how much you eat. In a world where people walk up and grab one banana (100 cals), or one apple (60 cals) and expect that to fill them up, yes it will just make you more hungry. 10 bananas blended with a cup or two of berries and some greens though will hopefully fill you up.

I am sure this is covered somewhere here...

i am looking to clean my diet up..mainly raw. i have been mainly fruit raw for few days but looking something a little more balanced

(more healthy fats/veggies)

Raw diets may temporarily feel nice as they give overloaded systems a break, but they aren't good for the long term. The beliefs behind them aren't based on medicine or research. The best book on the subject is "Becoming Raw", it is written by a top RD and vegan who has a reputation for sticking to facts.

If you are looking to eat healthy, try "Vegan For Life" by Jack Norris RD, another vegan.

It doesn't have the glitz of the latest magic diet, but it will teach sensible vegan nutrition. In other words, you don't have to go to an extreme to clean up.

Its nice to ease into things, whatever they might be. Also its best to go with whatever makes your body feel the best. Raw works for some but not for everyone. Graphic alert, my poop is waaay too soft if I eat raw only for more than a day at a time, that tells me my body is not into it. My suggestion is keep a journal and switch it up. Try certain things for a couple weeks at a time and if they work keep up with it and if they don't switch it up. That's how ironman triathlete Brendon Brazier, founder of Vega, ended up not only becoming vegan because after many tests on his body he found his recovery time was much shorter and his body felt much better/stronger/had more endurance.

-Dylan

-Dylan

• 4 weeks later...
Check out http://foodnsport.com/faq.php

Today I'm eating

30 bananas

2 heads of lettuce

6 ataulfo mangoes

2 tomatoes

1 cucumber

fistful of blueberries

That looks yummy and is pretty nutritious.

You could benefit from adding some fresh greens (collard, kale, mustard, turnip, spinach, etc) and some healthy fats (avocado, nuts, seeds, olives, coconut, etc) to your diet.

Today I'm eating

30 bananas

2 heads of lettuce

6 ataulfo mangoes

2 tomatoes

1 cucumber

fistful of blueberries

I had to lay off the tomatoes. All the acid was leaving some dark and yellow spots on my teeth (enamel erosion). Fortunately it's only taken a few weeks for the enamel to grow back, but I'm laying low on the tomatoes for a while.

Today I'm eating

30 bananas

2 heads of lettuce

6 ataulfo mangoes

2 tomatoes

1 cucumber

fistful of blueberries

That looks yummy and is pretty nutritious.

You could benefit from adding some fresh greens (collard, kale, mustard, turnip, spinach, etc) and some healthy fats (avocado, nuts, seeds, olives, coconut, etc) to your diet.

LOL Lettuce isn't the only green I eat. I vary it up quite a bit on the greens, just happened to be a lettuce day. I do eat avos, nuts and seeds occasionally, maybe 1-2x/week.