How long should I cycle lifting routines?

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

How long should I cycle lifting routines?

#1 Postby z0rzz » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:11 pm

Just what the title says. I started a great high volume training routine at the end of January and saw fantastic results from it, but due to my stubbornness, I kept at it for far too long and began to plateau around the end of last month. I'm planning on switching routines soon, but I was wondering how long some of you stick to a routine before changing it up? 3 months? 4 months? 12 weeks?

Re: How long should I cycle lifting routines?

#2 Postby veggiesasquatch » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:11 pm

Anything you do should be a minimum of 6 weeks I think so you can see progression. I use 5/3/1 as my core programming then I add in various assistance but I have stalwarts like pull ups/dumbbell rowing ect
"Don't fall for that crap that people are peddling on the message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your shit in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn't matter" Jim Wendler

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”