New Year resolution: 100 push-ups

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Mark007
Rabbit

New Year resolution: 100 push-ups

#1 Postby Mark007 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:38 am

So this year I have decided that one of my new years resolutions will be to perform 100 consecutive push-ups. For me this will be a big challenge and may just take the entire year to accomplish. The most I have ever done is 50. Right now I am out of shape and can only do 20.

My plan is to build up my strength so that I can do at least 35 and then start doing variations. Incline, decline, wide stance, close, side step push-ups etc. Is this a good idea to build up a fuller chest or is it not necessary for my goal? I would greatly appreciate any advice from someone who has reached this goal themselves.
Mark

stcalico
Manatee

Re: New Year resolution: 100 push-ups

#2 Postby stcalico » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:39 pm

Well one of my new years resolutions is to reach 50 pushups.

I think thisyoutube video has a good suggestion for getting there. At the end he says if you are starting at 20 then in a few or so weeks of doing this you should be up to 80. Might be worth a shot.
If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If it isn't, you'll find an excuse.

Mark007
Rabbit

Re: New Year resolution: 100 push-ups

#3 Postby Mark007 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:56 pm

Thanks for the link! I definitely need to work on my diamond pushups. Right now I can only do eight of those. Perhaps I’ll start a journal to keep everyone updated on my progress.

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”