Split vs Full body... wait!

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

mythil
Manatee

Split vs Full body... wait!

#1 Postby mythil » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:57 am

Ahh no no, yea you see this put up on a lot of forums and yea I already know the arguments for and against each side. I've seen people bulk and shape with both setups.

Question is, I may be traveling around for a while due to work and I don't want to miss a split workout day. Was wondering if it would be okay if I switched to full body for a while just in case, for example, I would have to drop a shoulders day.
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard." - Tim Notke
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Sir Winston Churchill

mrbear666
Elephant

Re: Split vs Full body... wait!

#2 Postby mrbear666 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:38 pm

i know a few people who have made great improvements with a 2 day whole body routine, workout 1 on monday and workout 2 on thursday etc..... some of the old school bodybuilders used to do it too. probably a good idea to do different exercises in the 2 workouts though! maybe the heavier compound lifts in workout 1, and isolation type exercises in workout 2. i think it would work well if like you say you have to travel alot!

mike
"iam the strongest one! iam the viking!" - jon pall sigmarsson
“may all of your dreams and ambitions happen, but most important, may all of your enemies die"
www.infowars.com

mythil
Manatee

#3 Postby mythil » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:55 pm

Oh I'm thinking of doing each body part every day (4 days a week).
Though every day it's a different exercise that targets that area.

It's just for a short time though
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard." - Tim Notke
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Sir Winston Churchill

mrbear666
Elephant

#4 Postby mrbear666 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:06 pm

ah i see, just give it a go and see how you get on, just be careful of over training and injuries, ive always found that training a muscle group hard more than twice a week ends up causing injuries, that may just be me though! if its just for muscle maintenance rather than muscle building while your travelling im sure youll be fine !

mike
"iam the strongest one! iam the viking!" - jon pall sigmarsson
“may all of your dreams and ambitions happen, but most important, may all of your enemies die"
www.infowars.com

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”