5x5 and cardio

im starting the 5x5 stronglifts tomorow and was wondering what other training i should be doing at the same time, not as in weights but as in cardio. i usually play squash once a week and in warmer months ill be getting some big miles in on my road bike, just wondering if ill need any cardio to keep my cv fitness topped up

Hey! 5x5 is great! You won't need much extra tbh especially when the weights start getting heavy it'll be good for your cv system, but if you insist, then there's nothing wrong with 30 mins of cv after training or on rest days. Don't overdo it as it'll be detrimental to your strength gains as it'll hinder your recovery! All the best and I look forward to seeing how it goes

Ross

thats what i thought, ive just lost 30lbs and guess im a bit scared of putting some of that back on, but mucles more important, plus i already know how to cut the pudding easily enough if that does happen how intence would you say the cardio should be?

im using the i phone app, so day 1 and 2 is as follows

squats 20 kg

bench 20 kg

barbell row 30 kg

squats 22.5 kg

overhead press 20 kg

deadlift 40kg

would you reccomend starting with empty bars? for the lighter weights that is. or use bar + weights? sorry for the silly questions, im totally green to all this