Deltoid preventing me from working out

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

gafir
Finch

Deltoid preventing me from working out

#1 Postby gafir » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:46 pm

Hi:

I have started weight training with dumbbells (adjustable) for about a month. I am using only dumbbells and the "Dumbbell Training" book from Matt Brzycki.
The other day I did lateral raises with maybe a little more weight than I should along with other shoulder exercises. After that my left deltoid was sore. It's been about 7 days and my deltoid was sore enough I didn't want to workout.

Today it was feeling back to normal, so I tried to train again and started with deadlifts (with 45lbs on each side), as soon as I started my deltoid started to feel sore again. Not a very strong pain, but enough for me not to want to go further. I could try with less weight, but then the deadlift wouldn't be very challenging anymore... My question is: what could it be? Should I just wait for a while before training again? How long? Has anyone had this sort of issues?

Thanks!

C.O.
VBB Moderator

Re: Deltoid preventing me from working out

#2 Postby C.O. » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:12 pm

Probably just a strain but give it enough time to heal properly. Never a bad idea to get checked out by a physician check to make sure you didnt seriously injure yourself.

-Dylan

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”