Lifting Chart - Bests in Bench, Squat, Deadlift

Our good buddies over at VF.net have had a strength table for a couple of years.

Nobody here ever made one, but I guess we could. Why not?

This is what it looks like:

http://www.veganfitness.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5666&start=0

We have a lot of the same forum members, but we have a bunch of members who are not on their site or strength table, so we'll start our own lifting chart over here too.

If you're interested, submit your bodyweight and your 1 rep max for lifts in the Bench Press, Deadlift, and Squat.

We'll see who's really the toughest! It won't be me!

If you have any questions about what the lifts are or anything else, just ask.

Here are my numbers:

Current weight = ONLY 176l bs

Bench 1 rep max = 265 lbs

Squat 1 rep max = 360 lbs

Deadlift 1 rep max = 365 lbs

Once we get data from a number of people, we'll start a chart.

We'll update the list as numbers improve....I'm actually hoping my bodyweight moves up more than my lifts!!!!

Edited by robert

Yeah, it will be a table of best lifts in those three exercises.

We can also start a table for other exercises too, just for fun...incorporating some different muscle groups/exercises, and maybe even one for bodyweight only exercises (pull-ups, push-ups, one-leg squats, etc.)

So yeah, it's just like the table they have over at VF.net, I just figured it was about time for us to have one over here too.

Just list your best lifts for 1 rep max in Bench, Deadlift, and Squat, and I'll make the chart. Thanks man.

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:01 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah, that is listed up there.

Include:

Name: Jeremy Moore

Weight: Was 290ish for most maxes

Best lifts for 1 rep max in:

Bench-370

Squat-600

Deadlift-650

Those numbers should be put in a hasbeen section...this week I'm working on riding my bike 500miles...not as awesome as my squat but cool none the less. I definately feel terrible now for trying this...200miles in 2 days...ooch. We'll see what I feel like in the morning. Anyway maybe when I'm done cycling I'll get back in the gym to see if I can touch any of those numbers again without being almost 300lbs.

Good call. I read that you guys have a list of all the rules on your table. And thanks for running the Strength Table over on veganfitness.net.

You guys started some good ideas that we're incorporating here. It's a good model to work from.

Now that I'm bulking (aside from my running race today) I'm hoping my numbers go up!

I'll add some guidelines soon.

All my lifting records came within a few weeks of eachother and they happened about 8-9 months after my vegan conversion. I'm pretty sure I peaked as a non vegan as I'd get hurt and hit 340 and it was an never ending cycle that I topped off at. I was also taking creatine and protein shakes like a maniac and haven't supplemented since other than a slight dusting of protein in my smoothies. My only higher PB as a non-vegan is probably my leg press but I was squatting 100lbs less when I did it so I probably would have broken that record too I just never tried leg pressing for a max after I turned vegan.

Name: Ryan Wilson

Weight: 270

Bench: 315

Squat: 525

Deadlift: 545

The bench was done either in March or April after years of no benching other than an occasional set of close-grip benches for triceps work. I hate benching, and after that 315 I probably won't do a conventional bench until 2007, maybe longer

The squat was done either late January or early February, only wearing a pair of knee warmers (no belt, wraps, or anything else), did 500x3 around 2 weeks beforehand, aiming to break 575 by year's end without any support gear.

Deadlift was from some time ago, roughly 1.5 years back, weighing in around 252. Could probably only muster around 500-515 right now if I maxed out. Haven't worked it in a long time, but that'll change soon. I made a farmer's handle deadlift of 570 lbs. last weekend, so once I get the back stronger again I'll be sure to push my DL harder.

All lifts done after being vegan for 4 years or longer!

I wish I could have had a little more time lifting as a vegan to get good maxes but I didn't...however I did get those records when I was only 19 which I can be proud of. I just wish I could have had a good 5 years of vegan eating without all the over supplementing I was doing before going vegan.

since it hasn't been posted yet, can we keep this table open to real powerlifting (equipment, paused bench, parallel squat, non-jacked deadlift). some of us don't lift RAW ever and would like to put our lifts up.

I have to say that I object to the phrase "Real powerlifting" refering to equiped over non-equiped. It somehow belittles raw lifting.

To you in the US you may have fewer raw meets, but here in the UK there are just as many as the equiped meets.

Also, 95%, if not more, of the people who are going to post on a strength table have never seen powerlifting equipment, let alone tried using it.

So in the interest of keeping a level playing field, with an accurate base for comparison, I vote that like on VF, the table is kept equipment free.

David, you can very well, and easily test your raw maxes - we would all have to go out and spend shit loads of cash to buy the stuff.....

Jonathan

I benched 450lbs on a non pulley machine once...hammer strength bench where you add plates. I never really tell anyone about it because I thought it was a joke when I used it...I think my real max was around 340 at the time and I just kept adding plates...it was really weird...maybe these number should be shirtless too...I figure with the right shirt I would have put up 450 or so...my friend benching almost 600 had done a 750lb bench with a shirt and I know of people who get more than that so its almost like someone grabbing the bar and pulling it up for you.

prepared to be AMAZED

Weight @ time = 140

Bench - 170

Squat - 205

Deadlift - never done it

haha!

I was vegetarian when I did this, about 8 years ago....not vegan.

I've started weght training again about a month ago after a long hiatus. I have goals to reach to the following by September 29th (my birthday):

Weight = 165 (152 right now)

Bench = 200 (can probably do 150 right now)

Pull Ups = 20 (one set max. now at 10)

Push Ups = 70 (one set max, now at 44)

always inspiring to see other veg/vegans (or even fruitarians!) out there throwing up massive poundage....

Ravi

Those numbers aren't bad...personally I think a bench at 120% of your body weight and over is pretty respectable...squats are a different story and height has a huge impact on them(so does bench but not as much)...shorties can squat rediculous percentages over their bodyweights and some tall people can't squat diddly but are really strong despite that.

since it hasn't been posted yet, can we keep this table open to real powerlifting (equipment, paused bench, parallel squat, non-jacked deadlift). some of us don't lift RAW ever and would like to put our lifts up.

I have to say that I object to the phrase "Real powerlifting" refering to equiped over non-equiped. It somehow belittles raw lifting.

To you in the US you may have fewer raw meets, but here in the UK there are just as many as the equiped meets.

Also, 95%, if not more, of the people who are going to post on a strength table have never seen powerlifting equipment, let alone tried using it.

So in the interest of keeping a level playing field, with an accurate base for comparison, I vote that like on VF, the table is kept equipment free.

David, you can very well, and easily test your raw maxes - we would all have to go out and spend shit loads of cash to buy the stuff.....

Jonathan

Jonathan,

You already have a board that you can post RAW numbers on. Why do you need 2 boards? and why would it bother you so much to have people post equipped numbers (especially when they exclusively train with equipment)? its an individual sport, not an worldwide internet competition.

I just don't see why people want to make RAW the standard. I would be very surprised if anyone could name me 3 world class RAW powerlifters. Its a dead sport for the same reasons runners don't run barefoot and hockey players don't use (rarely use) wooden sticks. In fact, RAW lifting is an oxymoron itself (belts and wrist wraps allowed).

Now i'm not saying i don't respect RAW lifting, i do very much so. But if we are trying to turn out world class lifters, at least we should turn them out into the sport of the present (equipped lifting) as opposed to staying old school (RAW). Once again i'll bring up the fact that there is already a RAW lifting board on the other site. I'm sure if Andy Bolton went vegan and wanted to post his numbers you wouldn't say "sorry mate, we only recognize RAW lifts in these parts".

I think its ok to put anything down if you tell what you used...the problem with equipped lifts is that they are never the same. I've done sets of lat pulls at 300lbs on one machine and only 220lbs on another just a few days after my gym got a new one. I just wish these dumb manufacturers would number the plates with the weight it feels like not the actual amount the plate weights

I just don't see why people want to make RAW the standard. I would be very surprised if anyone could name me 3 world class RAW powerlifters. Its a dead sport for the same reasons runners don't run barefoot and hockey players don't use (rarely use) wooden sticks. In fact, RAW lifting is an oxymoron itself (belts and wrist wraps allowed).

Now i'm not saying i don't respect RAW lifting, i do very much so. But if we are trying to turn out world class lifters, at least we should turn them out into the sport of the present (equipped lifting) as opposed to staying old school (RAW). Once again i'll bring up the fact that there is already a RAW lifting board on the other site. I'm sure if Andy Bolton went vegan and wanted to post his numbers you wouldn't say "sorry mate, we only recognize RAW lifts in these parts".

Are you suggesting that the table on this board be equipped only?

That doesn't make any sense to me, as it would exclude the majority of members of this board from taking part, as most of us are not competitive, equipped powerlifters.

I think having one raw table and one equipped table seems like a good idea. Like I said, this would allow people to post both their raw and their equipped numbers, if they have both.

Edited by FormicaLinoleum

I don't have a problem with equipped lifting. None whatsoever, it is just not comparable to raw lifting as equipment can add so much to your total. Take bench - it adds as much as 30% to some peoples lifts. Squat, especially double ply, adds 20%+. You get less from a deadlift suit.

David, you would be literally the only person on the board with equipped numbers - it would be pointless for you to post them. Why not just test your raw maxes out?? It would take like one week of your training if you went all out, or 5 minutes in a session per lift if you didn't. I strongly disagree that raw lifting is dead - it really isn't, especially not here, and I disagree with your comparison to running shoes and hockey sticks (you can lift without equipment, but you can't play hockey without a stick, nor can you run without shoes without shredding your feet).

Just test your raw maxes man, and stop being elitist!

Jonathan