Pro and Amateur Bodybuilding

Hey everyone. Most of you know me as a "Vegan Bodybuilder" with nothing else attached to it, like amateur or professional.

I recent newspaper article inaccurately referred to me as a Professional Vegan Bodybuilder, which a few people have taken note of recently. I was describing my film that features Professional Vegan Athletes (Brendan Brazier, and Tonya Kay) and I am the 3rd may actor in the film. I told the reporter my sport was bodybuilding but I guess I didn't clarify my "status".

I know it's not that big of a deal, I just thought I'd post it in case there was some confusion. I have not reached the Professional Level of Natural Bodybuilding so I compete as an Amateur Bodybuilder.

There are Professional Divisions in Natural Bodybuilding.

There is one time I did verbally say that I was a Professional Bodybuilder when asked, referring to the fact that my "Profession" making this recent film, is a Vegan Bodybuilder.

But anyway, I'm an Amateur Vegan Bodybuilder and hope to compete again this fall, but one of my scheduled contests was canceled

Have a great day everyone.

Robert Cheeke

I'm just trying to clear up the fact that there are different levels of bodybuilding and "I" compete on the amateur level. My profession on the other hand (aside from Security Operations Officer) is Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness.

I just need to detach the word Professional from the front of my title as Vegan Bodybuilder, to make it as accurate as possible. I think if I timed things right I could become Pro on the Natural circuit someday. I've been to tons of Natural Bodybuilding shows and some natural guys are HUGE but if you go to a smaller show, the overall champ may not be beast-like and if the show is a Pro-qualifier, and you win, that is how you turn pro.

There isn't much money or endorsements in Pro bodybuilding on the NATURAL level. Can any of you name any Natural Pro Bodybuilders? Probably not too many, in fact I can only name about 5, (although there are hundreds). I know David Lawson, Rodney Hellaire, Bob Smith, Don Robinson, and a couple others....oh and of course Dave Goodin, the Texas Shredder.

So Pro status could be way down the road, but now I'm an Amateur Vegan Bodybuilder

To check out some Natural Bodybuilders check out:

www.naturalbodybuilding.com

www.inbf.net

there are other sites too, just google it.