Is it possible to sculpt muscle based on different work outs

Is it possible to "sculpt" a specific muscle group, or can muscle only grow into one "shape" and only one shape because of genetics?

To elaborate I mean, if you did 1000 sit ups every day for years versus 1000 crunches everyday on a weight machine for years, would the muscles build and visually look different in terms of shape? (or is it just size that would be affected thus altering the shape?) I am curious to know how different work outs or lifting posture would affect muscle shape over time-

I am just starting out and can't wait to learn from all of you here! Thank you!

You can change a muscle's size, but not shape. That part is pre-determined by genetics, and whatever your body wants to do for how a muscle will look as it gets larger, that's just how it will be.

Bodybuilder Frank Zane is a prime example of this - he had a short biceps insertion near the elbow joint that gave him a great peak on his arm, but it wasn't a "full" bicep all the way to the elbow as most of his competition had, and it was considered a weak spot in his posing routine. He couldn't change the shape of the muscle to be the way the competition appeared due to genetic differences, so he had to learn to pose differently, angling his fists forward during the classic front double biceps pose. This made his biceps look longer and fuller, even though it was all just a posing trick and not an actual change to the muscle shape.

Some things are just destined to be how they're going to be, the only way to change it would be through cosmetic surgery.