Squats and deadlifts in the same week? (bodybuilding)

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Squats and deadlifts in the same week? (bodybuilding)

#1 Postby z0rzz » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:13 pm

Hey all. Currently I have a leg day for my 4 day routine, and on this day I do 4x10 squats for 3 weeks, then in the next 3 week cycle I do deadlifts 4x10. The deadlift weeks are obviously extremely tiring and prevent me from doing the other auxiliary leg exercises I usually do on the squat weeks (ie. leg press, leg extension, leg curls, DB RDLs etc).

Is it okay to insert a 5th day in my routine where I solely do deadlifts? The leg day would be solely dedicated to the 4 sets of squats whereas later in the week would be the deadlift day. I currently do chest/back on fridays so I'd rather save my energy for chest those days and not waste it with deadlift sets prior.

Re: Squats and deadlifts in the same week? (bodybuilding)

#2 Postby Evader » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:23 pm

I would devote a day to back and do deadlifts on that day. My current 4 day split is arms, legs, chest & shoulders, back. Squats on legs day, and deads on back day.

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”